AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   TAD Speakers & Electronics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Stereophile: Surpassing Expectations: Pioneer's Andrew Jones (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23038)

jdebonth 09-18-2013 07:54 AM

Stereophile: Surpassing Expectations: Pioneer's Andrew Jones

Surpassing Expectations: Pioneer's Andrew Jones | Stereophile.com

jdandy 09-18-2013 08:38 AM

Joost.......Thanks for posting that link. The interview with Andrew Jones was interesting and the video showing the drivers and crossover for the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speaker was enlightening. I recently purchased a pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers for my shop. I drive them with a modest NAD receiver plus a Dayton 10" powered subwoofer. They sound excellent in my shop and provide me with good sound while I work on projects out there.

jdebonth 09-18-2013 04:59 PM

:thumbsup:

The SP-BS22-LR look like an excellent budget speaker, I will probably opt for these if I ever want to set up a small system away from the main setup. I have a lot of respect for Andrew as a speaker designer.

TWK 01-11-2014 08:38 PM

I am new here, so forgive me if this is not proper protocall.

Speaking of budget speakers by Andrew Jones. I have his S-1EX speakers, funny critters, they say Pioneer on the grills, but once the grills are off, they only say "TAD" on the back.

In any event, does anyone else here have these? I love them. They use a coaxial mid with Berrylium tweeter. I went from B&W Signature 800's to these and feel that it was either a lateral move or a step up if you consider that these are so much easier to drive.

Masterlu 01-12-2014 02:23 AM

TWK... Welcome! :wave:

Pider 01-12-2014 03:24 AM

TWK, welcome to AA.

TWK 01-12-2014 02:31 PM

Thanks Guys.

Ritmo 01-12-2014 07:51 PM

:wave: TWK!

hersorin 01-13-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWK (Post 569459)
I am new here, so forgive me if this is not proper protocall.

Speaking of budget speakers by Andrew Jones. I have his S-1EX speakers, funny critters, they say Pioneer on the grills, but once the grills are off, they only say "TAD" on the back.

In any event, does anyone else here have these? I love them. They use a coaxial mid with Berrylium tweeter. I went from B&W Signature 800's to these and feel that it was either a lateral move or a step up if you consider that these are so much easier to drive.

I have Pioneer s1 ex . I changed Triangle with Pioneer. I am very happy with change .

TWK 01-13-2014 08:12 PM

I am glad to find someone else who has the S-1ex speakers. When you search the forum for "S-1EX" nothing comes back even though I did see it in a few posts.

When I have enough posts, I will start a thread for the S-1EX speakers.