AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Martin Logan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I’m curious how many ML are here? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51994)

2bornot2bop 02-06-2023 02:26 PM

I’m curious how many ML are here?

I’ve been a fan of ‘stats since 1979. ML has ruled my world for 40 plus years. I’ve sampled OB’s, but always came back to that ML sound.

I’ve owned every ML produced, thx to the used marketplace, up until buying Spires in 2010. And knock on wood, they’re still going strong.

I’m curious how many ML owners are here, and if your ML journey has been similar to mine.

johnau 02-06-2023 09:37 PM

I’m running a pair of Montis. Purchased lightly used around five years ago. These are my first higher end speakers. I auditioned a few other brands, dynaudio, Kef, a couple others, but the ML were the ones that really wowed me.

Robert_Anderson 03-02-2023 09:56 AM

I have CLS's, Aerius, Descent i, and the Stage, after all these years of collecting, who knew they would make up a home theater system?

Jazzman53 09-10-2023 08:46 AM

I too have the ESL psychosis-- so addictive!

My first experience with ESL's was walking into a hi-fi store (back when hi-fi stores still existed) and a potted plant caught my eye. The plant was sitting behind a ML speaker and I was seeing it thru the panel, which amazed me.

And then the salesman sat me down in the sweet spot and played a tune and I was hooked.
There's no recovering from this addiction. MY own humble home system sounded pretty bland after that, but ML's were above my budget in those days.

Some years later I discovered Roger Sanders' "DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Design Cookbook", and it was game-on! I spent the next 15 years building ESL's for myself and audio pals, and I finally have my dream speakers.

I'm new here and can't post yet, but I will post a build thread when I can.

kmanusa99 02-29-2024 12:01 PM

I've had a pair of CLS originals for about 16 years, teamed with Kinergetics SW800 subs. Back in the 1990s I had a pair of CLS 2Z along with a different pair of SW800s. Suffice it to say I have gone through a lot of speakers since the late 1960s when I first got the hifi bug! :>)

crwilli 02-29-2024 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzman53 (Post 1076762)
I too have the ESL psychosis-- so addictive!

My first experience with ESL's was walking into a hi-fi store (back when hi-fi stores still existed) and a potted plant caught my eye. The plant was sitting behind a ML speaker and I was seeing it thru the panel, which amazed me.

And then the salesman sat me down in the sweet spot and played a tune and I was hooked.
There's no recovering from this addiction. MY own humble home system sounded pretty bland after that, but ML's were above my budget in those days.

Some years later I discovered Roger Sanders' "DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Design Cookbook", and it was game-on! I spent the next 15 years building ESL's for myself and audio pals, and I finally have my dream speakers.

I'm new here and can't post yet, but I will post a build thread when I can.

Welcome Jazzman

Craig