AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   ADD-Powr (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Electrical Interference Solution (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46757)

Masterlu 11-26-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oddeophile (Post 986860)
Ivan curious if there are any issues/interference concerns with the Denali etc when you try it.

I will certainly post my experience, once it arrives.

Masterlu 11-29-2019 01:35 PM

The Wizard is in the House. :banana:

oddeophile 11-29-2019 02:48 PM

[emoji106][emoji106]

Masterlu 11-29-2019 02:53 PM

I will post my first impressions this afternoon. :yes:

Masterlu 11-29-2019 06:26 PM

My first impression... it is staying, and I will be buying a few more. :)

Lot’s to follow...

Masterlu 11-29-2019 09:58 PM

In my limited time listening to The Wizard, I can easily discern more detail and better Bass at far lower volume levels.

Overall gain has been confirmed as being a few dB higher. This is also described in the manual that comes with the Wizard. Being a totally passive unit, mine is connected to an adjacent dedicated outlet using a Venom NR V10 Power Cable.

Not being an electrical engineer, or scientist I can only report what my ears are telling me. The benefits are not subtle at all, and I have already ordered more of these for my other systems.

They are rather small at only 2” tall by 12” wide, also being passive makes installation easy and fast. To A/B the unit, simply unplug it.

Masterlu 11-29-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oddeophile (Post 986860)
Ivan curious if there are any issues/interference concerns with the Denali etc when you try it.

There are Zero issues/interference as I am also using a Denali 6000/S v2 in this System.

oddeophile 11-29-2019 10:53 PM

Outstanding Ivan! Thank you.

For The Love of Music 12-01-2019 10:15 AM

Ivan, good to hear your results and are looking to add to other systems - I’m moving up to Sorcer.

One note, A/B was not simple as it took a bit to get up to peak, and when it did it was obvious, dead obvious. I struggled with this at Marcs house, but towards the end we played two songs, I made notes at specific passages, plugged in Wizard, let her come up and replayed these songs, went over the notes, it was with significant impact!

The music came alive, took on such beautiful sound.

Everyone else, this unit only takes a power cable, and you can use what ever, but it was clear the SQ will jump from when I used an entry level to a better cable.

I was told mechanical isolation has no affect, haven’t tried but curious.

Start at Symphony, or Symphony Pro or jump in at Wizard or higher - it will give you sounds that you we’re not aware of, all causing no harm or coloring

For The Love of Music 12-04-2019 11:54 PM

Hey Ivan,

In my quest for better placement, I found that Wizard in my system better supports my digital circuit; Streamer, DAC etc. I am using Symphony Pro on the pre, phono and mono circuit. And for the modem and switch circuit Symphony Pro plus Electra Clears.

All ADD-POWR devices are plugged into the receptacle that feed distribution versus in the distribution itself - I tried it both ways and seemed to like this method better.

I’m coming from what I thought was close to being perfect within my setup to a feeling of shock on how good everything is sounding, it has only gotten better. There is no coloration or distortion, it is simply more harmonic, open and natural. Notes decay beautifully, imaging is focused.

Power cables do make a difference, and I am sure the better the cable, the better the result and I’m using some Transparent’s that came with my amps that made a noticeable difference and will eventually replace them probably with Furutech since the receptacles and power cables from the breakers are all Furutech to strengthen the backend loom supporting the Nordost front end.

While I don’t think there is any wrong way of using these, I just wanted to bring attention to placement and cables.

I will be adding Sorcerer 1st quarter after the Holidays.

Keep us informed of your findings, I hope to see others get onboard for their benefit.

Best regards,

Eddie