AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Infinity Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Infinity IRS V upgrade (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33076)

GaryProtein 11-19-2015 12:22 AM

You're welcome!

cantonguy 01-18-2016 06:54 AM

Hi , I'm Riwin . I live in Indonesia. My best friend own a pair of IRS-V also . He is interest to get some updates & information for his IRS-V .
I already order new outboard x-over from Bob (PS Audio) & have new Graz's EMIM planar also brandnew set replacement magnets .

Some of my questions :
- Are the EMIM works in D'Appolito configuration .
- Do the EMIM need dampings such as 3M magic tape for few of planar ? (i saw some of original EMIM have these dampings).

Thanks..

lwschwartz 01-19-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantonguy (Post 753932)
Hi , I'm Riwin . I live in Indonesia. My best friend own a pair of IRS-V also . He is interest to get some updates & information for his IRS-V .
I already order new outboard x-over from Bob (PS Audio) & have new Graz's EMIM planar also brandnew set replacement magnets .

Some of my questions :
- Do the EMIM need dampings such as 3M magic tape for few of planar ? (i saw some of original EMIM have these dampings).

Thanks..

Hi, I sent you a PM with the information on the engineer who I have worked with in reworking the EMIM's. I can't speak highly enough about him. We are lucky to have gentlemen like Bill, Cory, Greg, and Bob to help us with our IRS V's.
The reason the tape was on the diaphragms is to keep the conductor from vibrating. The diaphragms are made like a printed circuit board. The tape can indicate which version EMIM is being used.

Thanks

RVito 09-15-2016 05:29 AM

Could you please p.m me the information on the gentleman who rebuilds the Emims as I have several I would like restored.

GaryProtein 09-15-2016 09:18 AM

I posted this just a few posts up the list in this thread in post # 9

lwschwartz 09-18-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVito (Post 803658)
Could you please p.m me the information on the gentleman who rebuilds the Emims as I have several I would like restored.

Hi, You have several options, you can buy another set of EMIM's albeit in the used market, you can have someone rebuild them, or in my opinion, the best option is to have Corydon Johnson cell 1-623-551-2366. He will actually remanufacture the EMIM. He will repair and recalibrate the diaphragm, put the needed batting in the frame, install new magnets that designed not to peel, and take it back to the original design specs. Bill Legall is an immensely valuable resource but enjoys working on the woofers, and other parts more.

achrista 10-10-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantonguy (Post 753932)

Some of my questions :

Thanks..

Hi Riwin, i am planning to refurbish my IRS v. I am in Jakarta, what is the best way to reach you? as i want to figure out the logistic of sending EMIM.

Regards, Albert

lwschwartz 10-12-2016 12:25 AM

Hi, The guy who did the EMIM's for the system in Music Room One at PS Audio and EMIM's for all three of my systems is:

Corydon Johnson
cmj480@gmail.com

He is the best at it that I know of.

Masterlu 10-12-2016 01:35 AM

achrista... Welcome to AA! :wave:

achrista 10-12-2016 08:38 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. Look forward to for the journey with Infinity IRS V