AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   B&W Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   600 Anniversary Series Edition (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48936)

hdvidguy 10-29-2020 10:14 PM

600 Anniversary Series Edition

Anyone had a chance to listen to the new 600 Anniversary Edition?

The 606 has raving reviews. Thinking of these and a sub, or going with the 603 AE's and maybe add a sub later.

Thoughts?

hdvidguy 11-09-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdvidguy (Post 1019348)

The 606 has raving reviews. Thinking of these and a sub, or going with the 603 AE's and maybe add a sub later.

Thoughts?

Just to add, this would be for my bedroom.

PeterMusic 11-09-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdvidguy (Post 1019348)

Thoughts?

Not saying that the 606 is a bad speaker, it's all a question of budget, but since you're regularly listening to 802s, and therefore are used to wonderful sound and do not have "real" budget constraints, I recommend 707s instead. I have 805s, 707s, and CM-1s. All sound terrific to me, though obviously there's no comparison between the 805s and the others. But I did not enjoy the 606 when I auditioned them against the 707.

I agree 100% on the sub. I use a REL T5 with my CM-1s--only $700 or so and it's great. But If I'm wrong about your budget, I'd get the 707 and skip the sub, especially for the bedroom. Good luck!

Good luck!

hdvidguy 11-09-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterMusic (Post 1020631)
Not saying that the 606 is a bad speaker, it's all a question of budget, but since you're regularly listening to 802s, and therefore are used to wonderful sound and do not have "real" budget constraints, I recommend 707s instead. I have 805s, 707s, and CM-1s. All sound terrific to me, though obviously there's no comparison between the 805s and the others. But I did not enjoy the 606 when I auditioned them against the 707.

I agree 100% on the sub. I use a REL T5 with my CM-1s--only $700 or so and it's great. But If I'm wrong about your budget, I'd get the 707 and skip the sub, especially for the bedroom. Good luck!

Good luck!

Time to go to my local audio shop and listen to options. Always liked the separate tweeter on top. Adding a sub is easy. Just looking at movies in bedroom.

PeterMusic 11-09-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdvidguy (Post 1020658)
Time to go to my local audio shop and listen to options. Always liked the separate tweeter on top. Adding a sub is easy. Just looking at movies in bedroom.

Oops--just realized I was not careful enough in my previous post. I did not hear the AE, I heard the previous edition. I look forward to your comparison. Enjoy

rushca01 12-09-2020 02:35 PM

I’m interested in these for my living room, my wife gave the go ahead on the white/oak finish.

ti33er 12-10-2020 06:19 AM

Lol, in my opinion for a bedroom I wouldn’t want more than a set of SONOS...they don’t sound bad, have EQ, cheap as chips and look nice.

I’ve got a set of two white SONOS ONE SL in my daughters bedroom and they play louder than she would ever want in there ;-)

Edit: the SONOS ARC is very tidy and has ATMOS upfiring speakers...and adding two SONOS SL for Surrounds (if needed) is surprisingly good! I’d go as far to say that my Daughters SONOS ONE SL are 80-90% the sound quality of my 805D3 with the CA EDGE A; in close proximity (obviously maximum SPL they won’t keep up, but that would be unbearably loud)!

I used to sneer at SONOS thinking they were low-Fi, but this is not accurate ;-)

hdvidguy 12-12-2020 11:02 PM

Thanks for the Sonos option.

I want the same or similar sonics like I have in my home theatre in my bedroom.
Thinking of starting with B&W 600 series LCR and maybe add a decent sub. Our main bedroom is quiet large, so not worried about over powering the room.

With COVID, I have not been able to go my local B&W dealer in the immediate future.

PeterMusic 12-13-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdvidguy (Post 1025214)

Thinking of starting with B&W 600 series LCR and maybe add a decent sub. Our main bedroom is quiet large, so not worried about over powering the room.

With COVID, I have not been able to go my local B&W dealer in the immediate future.

If your dealer is open, you might ask him to loan you his demos for a couple of days, and meet him in front of his shop to pick them up.

ti33er 12-14-2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdvidguy (Post 1025214)

Hi, if you want the same (or similar) sonics, may need to look for ‘used’ 805S, HTM4S etc. They wouldn’t cost a huge amount difference vs new 600 I should think? :-)