AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   TAD Speakers & Electronics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Beryllium and health. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21077)

Nacho 05-08-2013 09:28 AM

Beryllium and health.

Is the Beryllium dangerous for health? I have childrens and i'm worried about that.

GaryProtein 05-08-2013 09:52 AM

You won't have a problem with beryllium tweeters.

Why are you concerned about beryllium?

MyPal 05-08-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho (Post 489601)
Is the Beryllium dangerous for health? I have childrens and i'm worried about that.

Beryllium is a rare earth metal used in the electronics, nuclear & aerospace industries. Do you work with the metal or its compounds?

The effects of beryllium and its compounds are not well understood to date, and not all forms of beryllium are equally toxic. Beryllium is classified as very toxic by inhalation and toxic if swallowed, and as a 'probable human carcinogen'. It can be irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. There is the danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure.

You should be taking precautionary measures especially to avoid inhaling any Beryllium dust or fumes. :(

10Beers 05-08-2013 10:02 AM

Beryllium is a killer in gasseous form.
But you dont have to worry about that. It takes at least a MegaWatt of RF energy to ionize it.

MyPal 05-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10Beers (Post 489612)
Beryllium is a killer in gasseous form.
But you dont have to worry about that. It takes MegaJoules to ionize it.

From around 2500c....but don't listen with the volume too loud else those free radical beryllium molecules emanating from those tweeters & catching a ride on the sound pressure waves will cause your brain to explode if listening fatigue doesn't get you first. :twisted:

10Beers 05-08-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPal (Post 489614)
From around 2500c....but don't listen with the volume too loud else those free radical beryllium molecules emanating from those tweeters & catching a ride on the sound pressure waves will cause your brain to explode if listening fatigue doesn't get you first. :twisted:

Agreed.
The bad news is that the conversion is most effecient in a vaccum. Which doesn't leave much of a medium for the transducer to modulate.

MyPal 05-08-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10Beers (Post 489617)

Agreed.
The bad news is that the conversion is most effecient in a vaccum. Which doesn't leave much of a medium for the transducer to modulate.

:lmao: :lmao:

Nacho 05-08-2013 11:14 AM

I'm talking about Beryllium components of Tad cr1.

DonBattles 05-08-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho (Post 489601)

In the form/state used in audio gear, no.

radio-radio 05-08-2013 04:51 PM

Yes I think the Beryllium in your speakers is dangerous. Please allow me to preserve your health by taking those nasty things off your hands, with no charge to you for removing toxic materials.