AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Automobiles (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   My humble stable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49556)

Native Vermonter 02-18-2021 08:24 AM

My humble stable

2 Attachment(s)
This is my fourth Mercedes SL and first Mercedes SUV. My phone number would not fit on the plates, and it helps me find them in large parking lots.

Baring a catastrophic failure, these will be the last cars for me; well maybe not if I hang out long enuff here...

Cheers,

Mitch

Audiophilehi 02-18-2021 10:39 AM

Really nice Mitch. Lets hope you hang around long enough to make the both Historic cars. :thumbsup:

Formerly YB-2 02-18-2021 10:53 AM

Mitch - Indeed, a nice pair. :thumbsup:
Like you, my wife is planning on driving her C350 Sport until it stops. 93K and taking it on the auto-train to FL next month. In for new plugs, etc., on Friday. In 8yr the worst problem has been leaky cam covers, which new gaskets fixed.

Native Vermonter 02-18-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 1032828)
Really nice Mitch. Lets hope you hang around long enough to make the both Historic cars. :thumbsup:

I’ll be here for a while, no doubt...

What I’d really like is a ‘56 Tbird...year of my birth. But then I’d miss AC, satellite navigation, a decent stereo with CD player and IPod interface, automatic wipers, auto dimming headlights, lane departure warning, blind spot warning, heated and cooled seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, cruise control and a handful of other things.

Life is made up of compromises sometimes...

Native Vermonter 02-18-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1032830)
Mitch - Indeed, a nice pair. :thumbsup:
Like you, my wife is planning on driving her C350 Sport until it stops. 93K and taking it on the auto-train to FL next month. In for new plugs, etc., on Friday. In 8yr the worst problem has been leaky cam covers, which new gaskets fixed.

Yep, my Mercs have been pretty dependable with no major issues, but it ain’t cheap to keep them that way...

Formerly YB-2 02-18-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1032852)
Yep, my Mercs have been pretty dependable with no major issues, but it ain’t cheap to keep them that way...

All dealers (foreign & domestic) are up to $125/hr shop-rate and higher these days. Once they turned their service shops into a profit center 'the sky's the limit'. Our local independents are not far behind and use the same flat-rate books to figure prices for both parts & labor as the dealers. Life in the fast-lane..............

eljr 02-18-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1032822)
This is my fourth Mercedes SL and first Mercedes SUV. My phone number would not fit on the plates, and it helps me find them in large parking lots.

Baring a catastrophic failure, these will be the last cars for me; well maybe not if I hang out long enuff here...

Cheers,

Mitch

Nice, I used to keep a pair in my driveway too.

I loved the R class for the family but America never took to it.

Enjoy!