AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Power Conditioners (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Purepower service issues (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31225)

custodian 04-17-2015 09:46 AM

Purepower service issues

Anyone use one of these units?

I have their 2000+ unit with built in battery power. Late 2014 it had a major failure. Since then we have been waiting for spares to repair it. Despite repeated promises, spares not yet received.

Obviously getting pretty fed up with delays so wondered if anyone else had had similar issues.

MtnHam 04-17-2015 11:48 AM

Yes, I experienced this, as have others.

custodian 04-17-2015 05:17 PM

It's really surprising to see a company caring so little for its customers. If they care so little for their reputation, I assume they won't stick around too long.

Masterlu 04-17-2015 05:23 PM

I voluntarily stopped selling their products a few years ago, due to poor service.

custodian 04-26-2015 01:25 PM

Owners not responding to friendly dialogue so I've advised them of the various steps I intend to take next which should include ensuring what little positive reputation their product still has will rapidly evaporate.

The Sandman 04-26-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custodian (Post 695417)
Owners not responding to friendly dialogue so I've advised them of the various steps I intend to take next which should include ensuring what little positive reputation their product still has will rapidly evaporate.

At least you have a unit that's considered legitimate. The PurePower 2000 I purchased is considered "counterfeit" - thankfully it hasn't given me any trouble... yet.

jdandy 04-26-2015 02:59 PM

The original PurePower 2000 has a different logo on the front than does the one deemed the counterfeit that was built in Taiwan I believe.

This is the original PurePower 2000 with the real logo.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7...wer2000blk.jpg

This is the counterfeit PurePower 2000 with the alternate logo.

http://www.salonav.com/arch/2012/06/...power%2001.jpg

Read about the copyright infringement and settlement here: PurePower Contacts

jdandy 04-26-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custodian (Post 693007)
Anyone use one of these units?

I have their 2000+ unit with built in battery power. Late 2014 it had a major failure. Since then we have been waiting for spares to repair it. Despite repeated promises, spares not yet received.

Obviously getting pretty fed up with delays so wondered if anyone else had had similar issues.

David.......Is your PurePower 2000 the original authentic product or the one manufactured in Taiwan? If it is not the authentic product, this might be the issue with no response from PurePower.

The Sandman 04-26-2015 04:01 PM

Mine "looks" like the real one pictured above but was shipped directly from Taiwan and was (unknowingly) purchased from a dealer listed as selling counterfeit units after the cutoff date. :(

Glisse 04-27-2015 09:47 AM

Unfortunately for Custodian, they have no positive reputation left which he would be able to leverage in getting them to make a repair. Between the two parties involved, they have completely trashed the brand.

Mind you, it appeared the poor service issues existed before the legal fracas.

Important to note, given people throwing around counterfeit, etc, is that Pure Power units were being made in Taiwan at the time everything went pear shaped. In the case of Sandman's unit, this just means that the dealer bought it direct from the Taiwanese arm (presumably at a lower price, allowing higher margin) than paying more via placing the order through the Canadian office. The units were the same either way.

The Taiwanese units are now sold as Pro Power - they have quite an active global distribution network, unlike Pure Power.

The legal disputes were over the name, not the contents inside the case. Which should be telling: no one is claiming ownership of the circuit design. Suggests to me that either the original product design had been contracted out to a third party, or it is a Frankenstein that the two parties were both involved with. This is not, by example, a PS Audio design and manufacturing company at work here.

If Pure Power will not provide the parts Custodian needs, maybe they could be ordered through a Pro Power dealer? Won't help if it is a warranty claim, but the warranty seems close to useless given the comments here. Things may be different in the US/NA, but here I don't absolve the retailer from the warranty process. I expect them to coordinate any warranty work with the distributor / manufacturer.

A very frustrating situation for customers - pay the most, and get treated the worst :icon_thumbsdown: