AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vinyl & Accessories (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Klaudio is out of the RCM business (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46451)

Maks 08-16-2019 08:18 PM

Klaudio is out of the RCM business
 
I just got an email, they're calling it quits on their RCMs, but will still honor warranty and will service them as long as possible. I might pick up some spare parts, even though I currently own 2 of the units. As someone who started with a Spin Clean, went on to an Okki Nokki and finally found nirvana with the Klaudio it's sad news. No offense to those who own other RCMs, but the Klaudio is top notch.

Masterlu 08-16-2019 08:26 PM

Agreed... I just didn’t have time to post about this. :sigh:

mikel 08-16-2019 10:50 PM

Peter is a local friend here in the Seattle area, and was at my room for a listening session about a month ago. super passionate guy and loves our hobby. he did not mention this move to me, but there were 10 others in our session that night.

i was one of the first to own his RCM and it's been a great product for me over the years. i always marveled at how well made it was and wondered how he could afford to sell it at a reasonable price. the answer, obviously, is he could not.

i wish Peter the best and thank him for all he has contributed to the hobby. if this was a stress for him i hope that this removes that stress.

i love my KLaudio RCM.

Masterlu 08-16-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikel (Post 976417)
Peter is a local friend here in the Seattle area, and was at my room for a listening session about a month ago. super passionate guy and loves our hobby. he did not mention this move to me, but there were 10 others in our session that night.

i was one of the first to own his RCM and it's been a great product for me over the years. i always marveled at how well made it was and wondered how he could afford to sell it at a reasonable price. the answer, obviously, is he could not.

i wish Peter the best and thank him for all he has contributed to the hobby. if this was a stress for him i hope that this removes that stress.

i love my KLaudio RCM.

Amen... me too!

cleeds 08-17-2019 09:22 AM

Ivan - should we be stocking up on any replacement parts? I sure want to keep my Klaudio RCM running for many years!

Masterlu 08-17-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 976464)
Ivan - should we be stocking up on any replacement parts? I sure want to keep my Klaudio RCM running for many years!

I am doing just that! :ok:

I’m probably going to also buy out their remaining inventory.

thughes 08-17-2019 09:38 AM

What replacement parts should we be looking for?

Masterlu 08-17-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thughes (Post 976472)
What replacement parts should be looking for?

I’m all over this; and will post the answer here as soon as I get it. :thumbsup:

jonj 08-17-2019 10:26 AM

I received the same email this morning. Very sad the hear. Like others, I think the Klaudio RCM is the best available.

cleeds 08-17-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 976476)
I’m all over this; and will post the answer here as soon as I get it. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ivan!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.