AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Pass Labs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   XP-22- On the way (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49960)

krelldog 06-08-2021 07:22 PM

XP-22- On the way

Quick question- I'm considering getting the upgraded umbilical cord from Revelation Audio Labs.

I know they changed the style of the connectors. I'm having trouble locating which specific cord I need on the RAL website.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

crwilli 06-08-2021 07:59 PM

XP-22- On the way

He makes good products. Just don’t expect it anywhere to ‘on time’. He will be very pleasant and kind via email, when he communicates, but it will will take time. If you have the patience, go ahead. If you ‘want it now’, don’t buy from Revelation.

daveneumann 06-10-2021 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krelldog (Post 1039628)
Quick question- I'm considering getting the upgraded umbilical cord from Revelation Audio Labs.

I know they changed the style of the connectors. I'm having trouble locating which specific cord I need on the RAL website.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

I've had my XP22 for over a year now and love it. Clearly the best overall preamp I have owned. Just curious, what are you looking to improve on or change with the after-market umbilical cord? I'd be interested in hearing what improvements the new umbilical makes, so please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Dave

SCAudiophile 06-10-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 1039632)
He makes good products. Just don’t expect it anywhere to ‘on time’. He will be very pleasant and kind via email, when he communicates, but it will will take time. If you have the patience, go ahead. If you ‘want it now’, don’t buy from Revelation.

+1 great quality DC Umbilicals, I am on my second setup that uses his DC Reference CryoSilver however you will have a few weeks wait and I highly suggest to email and call frequently. Mine took a few weeks...

krelldog 06-10-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveneumann (Post 1039689)
Hi John,

I've had my XP22 for over a year now and love it. Clearly the best overall preamp I have owned. Just curious, what are you looking to improve on or change with the after-market umbilical cord? I'd be interested in hearing what improvements the new umbilical makes, so please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Dave

My Buddy has the XP 20 with the RA cord and he raves about it.

I know Pass upgraded the umbilical cord on the XP-22 . So I'm not even sure I need one...just doing my due diligence.

daveneumann 12-02-2021 07:47 PM

John,

What did you ever do? Did you get an upgraded umbilical?

JoeN 12-02-2021 08:03 PM

Congrats. I just sold my XP-22. It is an excellent Pre Amp. Went well with my Pass X260.8s monos. You are in for a real treat IMO.