AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   ADD-Powr (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   ADD-Powr listening impressions! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47482)

Vintage Pete 09-26-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1015572)
Pete... this is only one of many panels that I have. There are only 400 amps on this board; the entire home has 1000 amp service. :confused-18:

Ivan....I kind of figured that wasn't the only one. I'm sure they are all similarly "equipped". :smoking:

Kingrex 10-12-2020 12:03 PM

For those more faint of funds, Ed brought 2 electraclear and 1 symphony to my house. Maybe $300 in total. I did not let him leave with them. Profound improvement. You can play with the big boy toys, but the small inexpensive pieces are a huge gain for.little money.

allemart 09-11-2021 09:34 PM

Sharing my power conditioning experience to help others looking at the task. A power noise filter showed I had noise on my incoming mains. My utility tried to help and installed a new transformer at my feed. Still noise that varied by time of day. "Late night listening" was always better. Reading reviews, etc, the Niagara 5000 seemed a good choice. The noise meter showed marked reduction on it's "amplifer" outlets. The other "source / line level" outlets actually got worse. So, it went back to dealer.

Next came a Puritan 156 power conditioner. It did a good job with the "line level" components. It did not have the current rating for large amplifiers. I was still left with a need for power conditioning for my amplifier. Enter the ADD Power Sorcer x4.

After a generous phone conversation with Ivan I felt comfortable giving it a try. He took time to candidly discuss my system and his experience with power conditioners. I received the Sorcer x4 and installed it at an outlet by my panel. The difference was love at first sound. All the reviews are true. It creates a depth, fluidity and greater s/n that makes for totally non fatiguing listening. The power issues are 100% gone. It works great with your existing power conditioners, so no issues there. It's truly new technology which creates real benefit to the sound.

To anyone considering this device- do it. Ivan gives a trial period, but you'll keep it.

Thanks,
Allen

Masterlu 09-11-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allemart (Post 1045058)
Sharing my power conditioning experience to help others looking at the task. A power noise filter showed I had noise on my incoming mains. My utility tried to help and installed a new transformer at my feed. Still noise that varied by time of day. "Late night listening" was always better. Reading reviews, etc, the Niagara 5000 seemed a good choice. The noise meter showed marked reduction on it's "amplifer" outlets. The other "source / line level" outlets actually got worse. So, it went back to dealer.

Next came a Puritan 156 power conditioner. It did a good job with the "line level" components. It did not have the current rating for large amplifiers. I was still left with a need for power conditioning for my amplifier. Enter the ADD Power Sorcer x4.

After a generous phone conversation with Ivan I felt comfortable giving it a try. He took time to candidly discuss my system and his experience with power conditioners. I received the Sorcer x4 and installed it at an outlet by my panel. The difference was love at first sound. All the reviews are true. It creates a depth, fluidity and greater s/n that makes for totally non fatiguing listening. The power issues are 100% gone. It works great with your existing power conditioners, so no issues there. It's truly new technology which creates real benefit to the sound.

To anyone considering this device- do it. Ivan gives a trial period, but you'll keep it.

Thanks,
Allen

Thanks Allen... enjoy! :music:

Vintage Pete 09-12-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allemart (Post 1045058)

Thanks,
Allen

Allen.....thanks for sharing your experience. I currently have an Electra-clear EAU2 on duty in my primary system. This whetted my appetite, and I'm currently in the queue for an Add-Powr Wizard. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to installing it. At that point, my EAU2 will go on duty in one of my other setups. :yes: