AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   ADD-Powr (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   ADD-Powr listening impressions! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47482)

alkizz 01-25-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 993437)
I'm not sure... I'd suggest following up with Ivan or the company directly for the answer to that question! (I'm not that Bill!)

LOL - thank you and sorry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 993443)
My thought is, and it’s just that, is to just score the Sorcer, why?

Simply you can try it in both places, and believe in either case you will gain performance. Side benefit is you only need one power cable, and they do make a difference, but not mandatory.

My hunch is the closer the system is to the panel, the better the benefit.

Don’t be surprised if you realize results in other areas as these signals seem to travel and I don’t believe any home lives in is big enough to reduce the benefit - but that’s my opinion.

Thank you. I should mention that the components are powered by 2 separate and dedicated 20A runs from the panel.

cohsystms 01-25-2020 04:05 PM

Cohsystms Bill here -
A Sorcer x4 installed near the panel area would be the optimal choice. The technology would affect the wiring in the entire home. The transformers give the harmonic pulsed signal "footprint" a voltage boost that the Wizards cannot provide.
Wizards function well when there are less current hungry devices, such as pre-amps, dacs, etc. Hope that this helps!

alkizz 01-25-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohsystms (Post 993490)
Cohsystms Bill here -
A Sorcer x4 installed near the panel area would be the optimal choice. The technology would affect the wiring in the entire home. The transformers give the harmonic pulsed signal "footprint" a voltage boost that the Wizards cannot provide.
Wizards function well when there are less current hungry devices, such as pre-amps, dacs, etc. Hope that this helps!

Thank you.

Masterlu 01-25-2020 06:28 PM

I was busy today; I added a Wizard to the following Systems:

1) ClearAudio/Aesthetix analog rig
2) Accuphase/Canton rig
3) Active Bryston rig
4) McIntosh 2-Channel rig
5) G90 video projector

More impressions, and photos to follow...

Mike82 01-25-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohsystms (Post 993490)
Cohsystms Bill here -

Hi Bill:

I'm pleased to see you're back with your Quantum products. I had one of the Symphony Pros about 20 years ago which was in my system for years before it gave up the ghost. I was looking at the Nordost products, but audio was on the back burner for a few years after we adopted 4 kids for funds went elsewhere.

Kids are older now and I have time for my hobby. I'm going to get another when I get rid of some unused gear.

Puma Cat 01-25-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 993428)
With all due respect I'd like to make a technical point of clarification about these devices. They're not passive... it's a unique active circuit which operates in parallel with your power-line so they can't limit current since there's nothing placed in series with your power. The best description of what they do is taken directly from their website:

[I]ADD-Powr technology is Algorithm Digital Defined electrical energy and power. Energy is added to electrical signals and systems. It is unique because it is non-invasive.
[LIST=1][*]The products generate low frequency electromagnetic fields to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems.

So...I read their website, and I did not find that it explained anything that is meaningful to actually understanding what it is doing.

So, I'm curious what the phrase: "...to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems" actually means.

ALL electric and/or audio signals are electromagnetic waves/fields. Just read Dollard, Steinmetz, or Heaviside...all electrical energy is the result from the interaction of dielectricity and magnetism.

So, how is this product different, and in what way? What is the transfer function and what is the functional response it is mediating? It's not explaining what the transfer function is, and what the functional response is. If it mediates some sort of physics-based functional response, it can be described by a transfer function. I don't get any of that information from the web page, so it reads like marketing-speak to me.

Masterlu 01-25-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 993546)
So...I read their website, and I did not find that it explained anything that is meaningful to actually understanding what it is doing.

So, I'm curious what the phrase: "...to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems" actually means.

ALL electric and/or audio signals are electromagnetic waves/fields. Just read Dollard, Steinmetz, or Heaviside...all electrical energy is the result from the interaction of dielectricity and magnetism.

So, how is this product different, and in what way? What is the transfer function and what is the functional response it is mediating? It's not explaining what the transfer function is, and what the functional response is. If it mediates some sort of physics-based functional response, it can be described by a transfer function. I don't get any of that information from the web page, so it reads like marketing-speak to me.

Regardless, all you have to do is experience one in your system “risk free” to become a True Believer. :yes:

That’s what I did. :)

DVass13 01-25-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

I have to say that I agree with Puma Cat here. After taking a look at the website I'm a bit more confused than I was to begin with.

cohsystms 01-26-2020 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike82 (Post 993543)
Hi Bill:

I'm pleased to see you're back with your Quantum products. I had one of the Symphony Pros about 20 years ago which was in my system for years before it gave up the ghost. I was looking at the Nordost products, but audio was on the back burner for a few years after we adopted 4 kids for funds went elsewhere.

Kids are older now and I have time for my hobby. I'm going to get another when I get rid of some unused gear.

Hello Mike,
The company is now Coherence Systems. It has resumed where Quantum products ended.
The Symphony Pros have been upgraded to include more inductor coils used as antennas, and an external antenna feature. The low frequency waveform algorithm has been tuned to resonate harmonically with signals in the audio band thereby increasing signal strength by as much as .5 - 1.0 dB.
Glad to hear of your story and am thankful for your support.

cohsystms 01-26-2020 04:45 AM

Quote:

The phrase appears to have a grammatical error with an omitted preposition “to.” It should read “to affect harmonic energy change to audio signals and systems.”
There is a superposition of a signal upon another signal. The ADD-Powr signal is a low frequency complex waveform. Essentially it is a square wave. The latter signal is the AC line. Our waveform and its programmed algorithm is proprietary information.
Suffice to say that in the time domain, a mathematically complex wave form such as a square wave can be expressed in the frequency domain as a harmonic series of sums of trigonometric functions. This was the discovery of the great mathematician and physicist, Joseph Fourier.
ADD-Powr creates a square wave pattern upon the AC line. Since it is of low frequency, it is not filtered away by power supplies. Instead, it passes on through the DC voltage smoothing stage. So what appears is a series or pattern of small (~.25-1.25v) square waves riding on the DC supply voltage.
It is here where the “smoking gun” action is located.
Since the DC reference has been altered with Fourier series waveforms, we now can understand what takes place. The Fourier series contain a fundamental and a series of related frequencies or overtones, simple harmonics. The harmonics are sine and cosine waves that contain energy or weight. The fundamental frequency contains the most energy and as the harmonic series scales up the band, the energy diminishes logarithmically in the time domain.
Now what used to be a direct current “x” voltage reference at 0 Hz, is now replaced by a direct current “x” voltage with a Fourier harmonic series!
Moving along, when a complex audio, “musical” signal with a fundamental of 100 Hz enters an amplifier stage it will resonate with, for example, a 100 Hz signal that, let us say, is the fundamental of the Fourier series that is riding on the DC voltage. Resonate means impart energy to something or vibrate with something of the same frequency.
So the input audio signal now sees additional harmonic resonant information in the form of the 100 Hz fundamental superimposed upon the DC supply voltage.
Every input audio signal to the amplifier will be affected by this re-referenced supply. This activity is occurring to all the power supplies in the hifi system.
These supplies become transformed to include harmonically rich Fourier series.
Thus, everything that is amplified in the system now has more “juice” at all frequencies along with increased energy, or voltage gain of various degrees depending on the frequency.
Do you follow this or are you getting a picture of what ADD-Powr does?
Now, you may be thinking, “well, how the heck do you do this?”
Ah, that is a question that digs deep into the magic and sorcery...that will have to wait...
Thanks for indulging me!