AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cary Audio Design (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Cary DMS-600, DMS-550, and DMS-500. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45342)

Delmac 07-17-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 1007403)
Can i check with anyone is DMS 600 better than DMS 550 in term of sound quality and is it worth to spend the extra few thousand dollars ?

The DMS 600 is not only out of stock on the Cary site but in a phone call to them, when purchasing new amps a couple months ago it will no longer be made. So only option will be the DMS 550 or find a used 600

LarryMan 09-11-2020 02:15 AM

The official from Cary Audio confirmed that an upcoming DMS-700 model will replace the DMS-600. The new unit has many continous improvements over the DMS-600, but also with an increased price tag. I just received my DMS-550 and already looking forward to a purchase of the new DMS-700 ! :yes:

asindc 09-11-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryMan (Post 1014236)
The official from Cary Audio confirmed that an upcoming DMS-700 model will replace the DMS-600. The new unit has many continous improvements over the DMS-600, but also with an increased price tag. I just received my DMS-550 and already looking forward to a purchase of the new DMS-700 ! :yes:

Hmmm...

Masterlu 09-12-2020 12:06 AM

LarryMan... Welcome to AA! :wave:

LarryMan 09-12-2020 02:22 AM

Thank you Masterlu !

kleinbje 09-29-2020 12:56 AM

hopefully the 700 has a smaller footprint.

mike175gr 03-29-2021 11:53 PM

I have really been enjoying my DMS600. The sound is highly details and natural. It is an amazing match to my SLP-05. So happy with this unit!!!

Jeremy 05-29-2021 10:18 PM

Just got the DMS 700 and I am very please with the sound and build of the equipment.

Take some time to struggle to level the player and once done it's very easy to operate.

It's my first streamer which I purchased.

Rosswell 07-09-2021 08:05 AM

I want to share my recent experience with Cary Audio. I ordered DMS-550 when I was on sale. I received a delivery notification fromFedEx and had to stay to sign for it. Oddly there was no option to have it delivered to a FedEx drop off location. Then I realized the delivery was in a wrong city. Reaching an actual person at FedEx is a real pain but finally got a confirmation from FedEx customer support that it was indeed in a wrong city. In 30 years of mail/online ordering, I have never had an order shipped to a wrong city! Cary audio is closed from Thur-Sun and if there is any problem, there is no way of reaching them. I have experienced customer service with Auralic, PS audio and Wyred and they do respond even during weekends. Anyway, I as a receiver cannot redirect the package and I had to wait until Cary is open. But the package is stuck at FedEx although I get daily updates from FedEx. I asked Cary to recall the package them sent to the wrong city and send me another, but they refused. After 3-4 days, I contacted the Cary to cancel my order and cary sent me an email that I should refuse the package when it is delivered. So if the FedEx leaves the package while I am not home, it is up to me to return it? With pandemics, FedEx and ups do not always request direct signature. Cary audio doesn’t have the courtesy to call FedEx to have it returned to them. So it was up to me to call FedEx and redirect the package back to Cary at North Carolina. Meanwhile I am still waiting fro Cary to refund me and of course I called the credit card company to dispute the charge. Cary has been in the business for 40 or 50 years but it has not learned the art of customer service. If they want to direct e-commerce with customers, they should learn a thing or tow from Ps audio or Wyred. I thought I will buy a American made product but I am now back to my search for a streamer-dac and maybe I will get Lumin T2 from Hong Kong.

Formerly YB-2 07-12-2021 09:27 AM

Sorry to read this. I've dealt with them for many years and never a bad result. Am sure they will "make you whole" in the end. As for Fedex........ I never use them these days. There is a reason Amazon caceled their contract.