AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Infinity Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Arnie Nudell, 1937-2017 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41262)

cleeds 11-21-2017 04:50 PM

Arnie Nudell, 1937-2017

I have heard that Arnie Nudell, one of Infinity's founders, has died. He was surely one of the visionaries of high-end audio. RIP.

SCAudiophile 11-21-2017 05:02 PM

Very sad day.....prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

The first 2 sets of really good speakers my father and I both enjoyed were 2 pair of RS7s and then later RS4s.....before that, no speaker had any excitement. We loved our Infinitys and kept them for many years each...

RIP Arnie,..you definitely enriched many peoples' lives....

2fastdriving 11-21-2017 05:06 PM

Oh that's really too bad to hear. Wasn't he developing a speaker with PS Audio? RIP Arnie.

JMD 11-21-2017 07:02 PM

They were working on a replacement for the IRSV with a projected MSRP in the $50k range. A model below that for a bit less than half of that was also in the works.

crwilli 11-21-2017 07:09 PM

Arnie Nudell, 1937-2017

R.I.P. Arnie. Thank you for your creativity that I enjoyed with the IRS Betas and still enjoy with my RSIIas.

Yes, Arnie was helping PS Audio create a ‘line’ of speakers.

GaryProtein 11-21-2017 10:29 PM

R.I.P Arnie.

Your creations and memory will live on.

Audiofan1 11-22-2017 01:58 PM

R.I.P Arnie

Prayers with his loved ones indeed. I have owned so many of his speakers and owe him alot for great sound well made and beautiful speakers. Thanks indeed Arnie for going along on this audio journey with me(us) as long as you did.

AudioGremlin 11-22-2017 06:00 PM

R.I.P Arnie. Thank you for your genius. I still listen to my RS1b's with great enjoyment.

80B 11-25-2017 11:52 PM

R.I.P. Arnie, my RS4s gave many years of enjoyment.

gbaby 11-29-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 881300)
I have heard that Arnie Nudell, one of Infinity's founders, has died. He was surely one of the visionaries of high-end audio. RIP.

I am so sad to hear this news. :tears: I have owned Infinity Speakers since the Qb, the RS-B and now I still own the entire Infinity Composition Preludes P-FR along with its matching center and surround speakers. I guess I am biased toward Infinity Speakers because I sold them in the '70s working at an audio store that at one point carried the entire line. The Emit tweeter had just been invented. I worked at Vicker's Audio in Durham, NC, and on down times, I remember reading in the trade magazines about Arnie Nudell starting the company out of his garage with photos and all. To me and all the other salesmen, Arnie was a legend even then. I always felt that Infinity Speakers were always the best in their class giving an audiophile sound for a very reasonable price with cutting edge designs that look good even in 2017. Vickers had all the colorful paraphernalia including colorful pamphlets, spec sheet; things you don't find in modern times. I have alway felt Harmon Kardon purchased Infinity to trash the line because they wanted to sell Revels for astronomical amount; a sound that Infinity had for a reasonable price. When I listen to the B&W and the Revels and consider their cost, I say thank you Arnie Nudell. RIP.