AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Good Pre-Amp to go with Momentum S250 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50534)

Delmac 12-12-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 1050325)
I’ve spoken to that seller. Have a couple others I’m also looking at.

Wifey says “no” to the black as she wants it to match :).

Thanks for sharing.

Well I’m glad we didn’t have to bid against each other on that one. Had a great experience with the seller, now just trying to convince him to sell me his black S250, so I can send to D’ag for the Mvx upgrade

Grasshopper 12-15-2021 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delmac (Post 1050804)
Well I’m glad we didn’t have to bid against each other on that one. Had a great experience with the seller, now just trying to convince him to sell me his black S250, so I can send to D’ag for the Mvx upgrade

Congrats again!

Be sure to post what you think of your killer new preamp. I think I may be close on one. We’ll see next week.

Delmac 12-21-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 1050999)
Congrats again!

Be sure to post what you think of your killer new preamp. I think I may be close on one. We’ll see next week.

The Momentum HD is incredible. It sounded much better than my C1100 with my previous speakers, but now that I have it with the JA Pearls, it's really sweet. Now awaiting for my S250 to come to me...Thank Steve !!! I'll listen to that for awhile and await to hear some reviews on the MvX and see if worthwhile.

Grasshopper 12-21-2021 05:07 PM

I’m stoked!

I just bought my Momentum HD this afternoon. Should arrive on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks to all who helped. Especially @still-one who connected me with the seller.

FreddieFerric 01-16-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 1051501)
I’m stoked!

I just bought my Momentum HD this afternoon. Should arrive on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks to all who helped. Especially @still-one who connected me with the seller.

Couple of weeks in now. How's it working out?

Grasshopper 01-17-2022 12:47 PM

Initially I was shocked (not in a good way). Seems like the preamp was highlighting flaws in my source.

I’ve swapped my DAC with much better results and things are sounding pretty good.

The momentum HD sure brings details out of the music.

Anthony 03-22-2022 02:14 AM

My top Soulution 725s preamp doesn’t seem like a good match to the very high Mohm impedance of the S250.

However, it’s worth mentioning that the UK made Chord DAVE Dac (FPGA) driving the Momentum direct is a total success story and highly recommended. The DAVE Dac in preamp mode has a high 6v balanced output so volume control is wide. Overall an impressive sound quality.