AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   B&W Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Better Biwire Adapters/Jumpers for 802D3 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50876)

GrubTheHedgehog 02-16-2022 09:37 PM

Better Biwire Adapters/Jumpers for 802D3

Has anyone tried aftermarket biwire jumpers? I have an older set of Transparent jumpers, but they also make Reference level jumpers to match their Reference and XL speaker cable, which I have. My jumpers are probably not quite up to par with my Reference Speaker wire.

Has anyone tried different jumpers and did they make a difference?

PeterMusic 02-17-2022 11:35 AM

I am just about to make a more modest jump...

I have Transparent Brick 10-2's on their High Performance 10-2 wires to my 805 D3's.

I am about to go to Brick Premium and The Wall Premium wires. This is on my dealer's advice and my own experience with interconnects. I have found Transparent Supers to be a big jump up from their Plus, and the new speaker wire set up is at the same level as the Super line. However, I could not perceive an improvement going from Super to Ultra interconnects, so I stopped there.

Transparent and my dealer have both been very good about loaning me cables for a few days or a week at a time. When my dealer has not had a certain set in stock, Transparent has loaned to him/me. If you are unsure, I think you should ask for a set to take home for a few days

GrubTheHedgehog 02-17-2022 05:32 PM

Better Biwire Adapters/Jumpers for 802D3

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterMusic (Post 1055537)
I am just about to make a more modest jump...

I have Transparent Brick 10-2's on their High Performance 10-2 wires to my 805 D3's.

I am about to go to Brick Premium and The Wall Premium wires. This is on my dealer's advice and my own experience with interconnects. I have found Transparent Supers to be a big jump up from their Plus, and the new speaker wire set up is at the same level as the Super line. However, I could not perceive an improvement going from Super to Ultra interconnects, so I stopped there.

Transparent and my dealer have both been very good about loaning me cables for a few days or a week at a time. When my dealer has not had a certain set in stock, Transparent has loaned to him/me. If you are unsure, I think you should ask for a set to take home for a few days

You are correct and I could get a loaner easily but I’d like to know if anyone here has actually done it.

As for your cables, get the best Transparent you can afford, PERIOD! In my experience ultra is not a good value. I’d skip ultra and go to Reference frankly if you were upgrading from Super/Premium. At reference level they start impedance matching. Ultra just doesn’t do it for me.

PeterMusic 02-18-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrubTheHedgehog (Post 1055557)
You are correct and I could get a loaner easily but I’d like to know if anyone here has actually done it.

As for your cables, get the best Transparent you can afford, PERIOD! In my experience ultra is not a good value. I’d skip ultra and go to Reference frankly if you were upgrading from Super/Premium. At reference level they start impedance matching. Ultra just doesn’t do it for me.

Thanks--I was shocked (in a good way) by the large gap from Plus to Super, but then disappointed that I could not discern much difference between Super and Ultra. I had wondered about Reference but never tried them...

Alas, these on going on Wilson TuneTots on stands in our living room--the physical size of the Reference network is more than my wife will accept.