AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   MvX upgrade? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50656)

audioguy3107 05-18-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 1060702)
Buck, what about buying a new one, wait until it arrives, send the old one in for upgrade, then sell it? This sounds like a tremendous upgrade, well worth the money. The issue is the anxiety caused by system down time, which is totally unknown. And who wants to listen with an inferior amp. Put the minimum down payment down required by the dealer for the new amp. It truly is a beautiful piece. :yes:

Best

Charles

Charles, not a bad idea, wonder what the turnaround time is for a new one? I bet it's out there as well, I can't imagine they have MxVs just sitting around waiting for dealer orders but I could be wrong. The real issue is trying to not spend money on audio gear right now.....trying to behave myself. :D

- Buck

Charles 05-18-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 1060704)
Charles, not a bad idea, wonder what the turnaround time is for a new one? I bet it's out there as well, I can't imagine they have MxVs just sitting around waiting for dealer orders but I could be wrong. The real issue is trying to not spend money on audio gear right now.....trying to behave myself. :D

- Buck

Buck, in a year you probably would make money if you did this. Having upgraded MxV's in unopened factory boxes puts you in the driver's seat, as you can ship them out immediately. I realize that you would be out some funds for a short period of time, but I would find the down time unacceptable. I have decided to keep my 1.25's just in case I have a tube failure with my new 3500's to prevent down time. I had a good offer but decided against it.

In today's world, who knows when you will ever see the unit within a reasonable length of time, making upgrades very difficult. I think manufacturers must guarantee the upgrade time to make it feasible or the dealer must provide a demo.

Best

Charles

rscotth 07-29-2022 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy guy!

Upgrade well worth the coin. Took about 2 months!

Delmac 07-29-2022 07:23 PM

Congrats ! Wow 2 months. I was hoping closer to 6 weeks. Will have to get in touch with them in October. I’m out of the country month of November so plan was to send in a week before and hope to recieve a week after I return or close to it.
What difference are you noticing most with the upgrade ?

rscotth 07-30-2022 11:25 AM

Better control top to bottom. Better detail retrieval. Deeper soundstage.

Delmac 11-01-2023 12:30 PM

New Upgrade Pricing

Just to let everyone know that D’ag has raised the MXV upgrade price to 15K per unit. So now purchasing a good used S250 or M400’s will be getting you mighty close to the price of a new unit