AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Magico M owners, what amps are you using. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45265)

Jbags 03-03-2019 03:47 PM

Magico M owners, what amps are you using.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the new M2’s. Wondering what amps you guys are pairing with the M series. Thanks everyone.

1955moose 03-03-2019 09:13 PM

I too second the Boulder choice. Years back I heard a set of B&W 802's here in San Francisco. The salesman was playing a cut of Sinatra's Witchcraft. Pretty amazing sound. It felt like Frankie was in the room. The sound from that turntable was so real, I couldn't believe it. And that was with a Stereo amp, not Mono block. Definitely audition the Boulder. Their not cheap, but they do impress!

Masterlu 03-03-2019 09:16 PM

1955moose... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Still-One 03-03-2019 11:12 PM

I have heard Magico's with many different amps. Soulution still seems to generate the best results.

Have fun auditioning.

Thase13 03-04-2019 12:09 AM

Constellation Audio performs magnificently in my system.

Jbags 03-04-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thase13 (Post 955897)
Constellation Audio performs magnificently in my system.

Did you find it hard to get the best/optimal sound from your Magico’s? I’ve been hear from some people that they can be tough to get sounding their best.

FDPDK 03-04-2019 02:50 PM

1955moose , welcome to the forum :)

Thase13 03-04-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbags (Post 955960)
Did you find it hard to get the best/optimal sound from your Magico’s? I’ve been hear from some people that they can be tough to get sounding their best.

There are so many vague or subjective references ("best/optimal", "some people", "they can be tough to get sounding their best") in your question that I'm not sure how to answer. All I can say is that my experience was trouble free, my system set up with relative ease, and that I'm quite satisfied with the end results.

Of course, I can only speak for myself and everyone else's mileage may vary.

Cincy2 03-04-2019 04:53 PM

I'm using D'Agostino M400 monoblocks with Transparent Audio cables. The MSB front end creates a meaty analog like sound that the D'Ag's pass unadulterated to my Magico M3's that then present it perfectly.

Cincy

Thase13 03-04-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thase13 (Post 955981)
There are so many vague or subjective references ("best/optimal", "some people", "they can be tough to get sounding their best") in your question that I'm not sure how to answer. All I can say is that my experience was trouble free, my system set up with relative ease, and that I'm quite satisfied with the end results.

Of course, I can only speak for myself and everyone else's mileage may vary.

JBags,

I just came back to this thread and realized that I came off sounding a bit harsh in my earlier reply. It was purely unintentional and I apologize.

What I was trying to say is that "best/optimal" is pretty much in the eye of the beholder so what sounds best/optimal to me, might be perceived otherwise by someone else listening to my system. Regarding the "some people" part of the question, that part is pretty generic and hard to interpret - much like "they say" or "everyone agrees". I hope you understand my dilemma - there's simply not enough detail there to formulate any type of helpful response. Finally, "they can be tough to get to sound their best" could apply to any/all speakers when all of the other independent variables are left undefined. I would imagine Magico to be no different when matched with non-complimentary equipment.

Consequently, not knowing how to address the open-ended statement attached to the back end of your question I chose to answer the former by relating that I had no difficulty coaxing a sound that pleases me out of my pairing of my Magico M3s to my Constellation Audio separates while acknowledging that others might audition my system and determine that it's not their cup of tea.

Again, I apologize for the impertinent tone in my "vague and subjective" response to your question. It was not my intention to come off sounding so coarse.