AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Schiit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Any recent news about a CD Transport? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51517)

paltomare 08-30-2022 05:03 PM

Any recent news about a CD Transport?

I reached out to them yesterday to ask if they were still working on the Urd or something similar and the reply was..."we are unable to discuss new products and/or upgrades/updates before release."...and suggested I join the mailing list.

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but sounds like a transport could still be in the works.

US Blues 08-31-2022 04:13 PM

They have been working on the "Urd" transport for a couple of years but have not given any updates in some time. As best as we know it is coming, but with supply chain issues and the reality of the current day it's hard to know when to expect it. I've been keeping an eye out for it myself.

US Blues 08-31-2022 04:24 PM

Naturally I jumped over to another forum and found an update: Schiit is trying to get a shipment of transports from the manufacturer. Another conversation is slated for this week. My guess is they have tested the transport already and need the manufacturer to send them a bunch.

paltomare 09-01-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Blues (Post 1065801)
Naturally I jumped over to another forum and found an update: Schiit is trying to get a shipment of transports from the manufacturer. Another conversation is slated for this week. My guess is they have tested the transport already and need the manufacturer to send them a bunch.

Thanks for the update....almost pulled the trigger on a Jay's Audio last night but I'll sit back and wait a bit longer.

US Blues 09-01-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paltomare (Post 1065826)
Thanks for the update....almost pulled the trigger on a Jay's Audio last night but I'll sit back and wait a bit longer.

He is today's update from jason Stoddard:

Some good news: the Urd transport manufacturer responded (most likely it was a miscommunication on our side.)

So it looks like Urd will proceed!

Timeline TBD...

paltomare 09-01-2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Blues (Post 1065856)
He is today's update from jason Stoddard:

Some good news: the Urd transport manufacturer responded (most likely it was a miscommunication on our side.)

So it looks like Urd will proceed!

Timeline TBD...

Thanks!
Are you at liberty to share a link to this other forum...perhaps in a PM?
If not, no worries, I'll stay tuned here.

Frank Sumatra 07-12-2023 01:32 PM

The URD is up on the site and they are now taking orders.
I will be ordering a silver one soon!

paltomare 07-12-2023 10:25 PM

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up!

Masterlu 07-12-2023 11:36 PM

Frank Sumatra… Welcome to AA! :wave:

clpetersen 07-13-2023 07:28 AM

I like the concept. Digital only. Have not spun a CD for music playback since 2012. Hmmm.