AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Video (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Sony BRAVIA A90J Master Series OLED 65 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49819)

JBT 04-24-2021 10:47 AM

Sony BRAVIA A90J Master Series OLED 65

Sony’s top of the line OLED for 2021, the BRAVIA Master Series A90J, is an incredible TV, in fact the best TV I have ever reviewed. It is a technological wonder, thin and stylish and powerful, packed with features that offer a state-of-the-art user experience plus incredible picture quality. It is a TV that delivers on the promise of OLED, with superb color, contrast, motion and 4K detail.

By now, the benefits of OLED are well-known to video enthusiasts, and especially cinema fans. The self-emissive pixels provide a level of native contrast that has thus far alluded LED-lit LCD TVs, with the ability to reproduce essentially perfect blacks. Under ideal conditions, including controlled lighting and appropriate viewing distance, the picture quality achieved by OLED remains unchallenged in the consumer TV realm. The result is a viewing experience that draws you into the movie, or video game, or show. And among OLEDs, the A90J stands for offering next-generation features like the Cognitive Processor XR, XR sound, HDMI 2.1 and eARC that ensure whatever format of 4K video you feed it, you’ll get the best possible quality.

Conclusion

If you seek the best-of-the-best in 4K TV, the Sony A90J is a truly compelling option. It offers impeccable picture quality, a rich feature set, excellent ease of use, and is a stunning piece of industrial design. You don’t have to be a movie lover or gamer to appreciate what OLED offers, but it is particularly well suited to those two forms of entertainment. But this Sony is not just a great OLED, it is a great Sony TV, which is reflected in all the thoughtful design touches as well as the unparalleled picture quality it can achieve. It is a clear Top Choice for 2021 for anyone seeking the all-around best 4K TV their money can buy.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/son...#post-60671280

Masterlu 04-25-2021 01:30 PM

I have these coming in as an Authorized Sony Dealer, and will beat everyone’s price including Amazon for Subscribers. :ok:

Masterlu 04-25-2021 01:32 PM

There are only 100 coming in total for the entire USA by May 7th.

SX-626 04-25-2021 03:03 PM

It’s unfortunate they don’t come in around 75”. 65” is too small and 83” too big

George Prentice 04-25-2021 08:02 PM

I have an Sony Bravia Master Series XBR A9G... a 77” one. Is OJ different? We bought it at the same time as our bedroom Sony XBR 850 65” LED 14 months ago.. Our primary interest was reliability, then high quality picture. The upsampling feature is amazing and actually works... depending on content of course... digital up samples better that old analog. The remotes are not backlite... I cannot ever begin to understand why not. There is no excuse for it. They have good pictures... we are happy... but i’m not about to post on it.

However, the reliability has not been good. Both failed. The first the LED. I can’t tell you how horrible Sony service is. My partner is disabled, and the bedroom TV is her sole entertainment. The tv just started rebooting, over and over. It took usage usual useless hours on the phone... finally got a ticket in for repair. They said it would be two weeks. After a couple weeks I checked in, they had closed the ticket for no reason. Then two more weeks to send the part.. another week to install. Nice guy, it then worked again. Left me cursing and swearing never to buy Sony again. (But they are the highest rated for reliability).

At 14 months our OLED TV developed a black line. Then the whole TV went black after a week. We called service... this time since it was a Master series, he said we will replace it at a cost and sent me to the Concierge group. They asked for all sorts of info... but to my surprise said they would send a new one. But I would have to unpack and track. I asked if I could pay for them to swap, since I am nearly 70 and my partner is disabled. She was really nice, arranged white glove (gray... these guys were not gentle and I am surprised they didn’t damage the new TV... but the got the heavy stuff done... leaving parts to be added...) and at no charge. It took about two weeks. Normal Sony TVs are covered for 12 months, the Master series 18 months... the 18 months warenntee saved us about $4,500 (we originally paid $6,500)

Conclusion:
Mass market product service at Sony is Terrible. Top-of-the line Sony is adequate. Always buy the highest end products from Sony provided they continue to be rated highly on reliability. Hope you are lucker than I was. 2 out of 2 is terrible. If confronted with another failure, I’ll have another TV delivered the next day from Best Buy and then work on servicing to other one.

FreddieFerric 01-06-2022 02:54 PM

Anybody know of any hot deals to be had on the 2021 65" Sony A80J OLED that will soon be obsolete?