AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Stillpoints LPI v2 For my DAC! Wait! What?? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=52139)

Audiophilehi 03-30-2023 03:55 PM

Stillpoints LPI v2 For my DAC! Wait! What??

So I was never really satisfied with Mobile Fidelity SACD's but really like their Ultra Disc One-Step Vinyl even though they use the analog master to DSD.

Then I'm thinking both are essentially using the DSD format so why so different? Is my analog setup far superior to my digital setup? I don't think so. I would consider them on par. (See my signature below)

Then it hit me, why not try my Stillpoints LPI v2 on top of my DAC. I'm not using my turntable to play my vinyl so I'm not taking it away from anything.

I was not prepared for what I was now hearing with just placing the LPI on my DAC. The detail that I was hearing when playing the One-Step but missing on the SACD was now there. Most notably what was a bit soft in the upper frequencies on the SACD was now crisp and detailed. Soundstage width, height and depth were also improved and the bass tightened up.

It wasn't like I had to really pay great attention to notice if I heard any changes. Even an untrained ear would hear the improvements.

The best thing is that I can use the 1 LPI when listening to either vinyl or digital as I can't listen to both at the same time.:D

My only thought is do I go down the rabbit hole and get another LPI for my Aurender and maybe my Preamp....I better stop now.:sigh:

Anyway, if you already own The Stillpoints LPI give it a try on your DAC or any other equipment. The below is from the Stillpoints website.

"The LPI can also be placed on top of loudspeakers, components, and transformers of tube equipment."

Masterlu 03-30-2023 04:22 PM

Paul… I have LPI V2’s on Special… :yeeea:

Formerly YB-2 03-30-2023 05:49 PM

Paul - thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.
Are you using the stock feet under your Aurender?

Audiophilehi 03-30-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1073281)
Paul - thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.
Are you using the stock feet under your Aurender?

Hi Glenn, no. I currently have IsoAcoustic Orea’s under the Aurender.

Audiophilehi 03-30-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1073278)
Paul… I have LPI V2’s on Special… :yeeea:

Hmmm, thinking about it Ivan. Thanks

j3brow 04-01-2023 07:46 PM

Gotta admit, I never thought about trying this. I also own a LPI, v1, and now I just have to try it on top of my dac, Aurender, and C1100 all of which already sit on Stillpoints. Can’t hurt to try right.

Audiophilehi 04-02-2023 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 1073346)
Gotta admit, I never thought about trying this. I also own a LPI, v1, and now I just have to try it on top of my dac, Aurender, and C1100 all of which already sit on Stillpoints. Can’t hurt to try right.

Can’t hurt at all. So easy to do, it doesn’t require any burn in and you will know soon enough if it makes a difference or not.

John49 04-02-2023 05:58 AM

I had my LP1 v1 sitting on top of my Marantz SA-7S1 for years…

brownbear 04-02-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 1073349)
Can’t hurt at all. So easy to do, it doesn’t require any burn in and you will know soon enough if it makes a difference or not.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried Damping Plates on your components?

Audiophilehi 04-02-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbear (Post 1073361)
Out of curiosity, have you ever tried Damping Plates on your components?

Joe…no I haven’t. This is a first for me with putting anything on top of my equipment.

Yesterday I ordered 3 door stops that was recommended to me. They are inexpensive enough to experiment with and comparing with the LPI before I go down the rabbit hole with more expensive damping.

https://tinyurl.com/37ndebaj