AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Go You Reds! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49355)

70sMac 01-14-2021 02:52 PM

LFC v Man U

It looks like we won't be able to see the 17 Jan 21 match here, akitared, but I'll keep trying to find it. Perhaps we'll find a replay, so let's not discuss that match until I give you the word.

I'd rather see it later than not see it at all, and not knowing the outcome is the only way to watch a match.

Hope all is well ~ Bill :thumbsup:

akitared 01-18-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70sMac (Post 1029273)
It looks like we won't be able to see the 17 Jan 21 match here, akitared, but I'll keep trying to find it. Perhaps we'll find a replay, so let's not discuss that match until I give you the word.

I'd rather see it later than not see it at all, and not knowing the outcome is the only way to watch a match.

Hope all is well ~ Bill :thumbsup:

Hey Bill

You didn’t miss much, to be fair I think we fortunate to draw the game as the Scum had the better chances. No idea why the attack is so impotent of late. We still have a few weeks to make some moves in the market. Upwards and onwards. YNWA

70sMac 01-20-2021 02:53 AM

Fab is fab!

The injuries this season have obviously taken their toll. It makes me see "red" whenever I think about how VVD was injured: with no consequences. That was one of the ugliest fouls I've seen in quite some time -- and then there was one that was even worse later in the same match!

The Reds must get heathy and, most importantly, must get everyone back to their natural positions. Perhaps, if the midfield can get back to their customary dominance, the front three can fall back into their routine(s) and begin scoring again. Quite honestly, Klopp must be dearly missing Fab patrolling that midfield on a regular basis.

70sMac 01-20-2021 09:11 PM

I was just thinking...

...about LFC some more, and it occurred to me that the EPL should institute some sort of rules against too many players in the opposing teams end at any one time. It reminds me of the rules the NBA instituted against the zone defense. The game became so boring that they had to mandate opening up the game for the sake of the league itself.

My point is that each team should have both an offense and a defense. This whole strategy of sitting back in defense and hoping for a breakaway opportunity to be handed to you is too basic and, quite frankly, has no place in a prestigious sports league like the EPL. Leave that sort of nonsense for the Serie A.

GYRs!! :thumbsup:

70sMac 01-22-2021 03:22 AM

Nausea

I just finished watching the Burnley match and, quite honestly, I'd like to have that 90+ minutes of my life back. In fact, the title of this post pretty much sums it up for me. :yes:

70sMac 02-22-2021 05:01 PM

They set all kinds of great records last year and they're setting all kinds of not so great records this year. Four losses in a row is terrible enough, but four losses in a row at Anfield! It reminds me of the days when top four in the EPL was a big deal.

70sMac 04-10-2021 11:53 PM

Nice

I finally got to see the LFC at Arsenal FC match. Wow, it's been quite a while since I saw them play an open offense like that! Now, let's just hope that they can turn things around when Real Madrid come to Anfield, aye?