AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Burmester Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Burmester in the USA (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49853)

minplus 05-05-2021 03:15 PM

Burmester in the USA
 
I'm surprised that Burmester is not popular in the US.
Magnificent equipment, the top in Europe.
Like Mercedes. My daughter has a Burmester set in her 350E.

bart 05-05-2021 04:03 PM

Ivan, aka Masterlu, is certainly not the cause.
If you ever visit his Cape Cod house, you'll see his main system is built around Burmester. :thumbsup:

Masterlu 05-05-2021 05:03 PM

Bart... thanks, I am a big fan of Burmester and have a lot of their gear on display. :ok:

minplus 05-06-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1037919)
Ivan, aka Masterlu, is certainly not the cause.
If you ever visit his Cape Cod house, you'll see his main system is built around Burmester. :thumbsup:

A little bit far away, even without covid...

Masterlu 05-06-2021 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by minplus (Post 1037950)
A little bit far away, even without covid...

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1620332251

bart 05-06-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minplus (Post 1037950)
A little bit far away, even without covid...


We enjoyed Cape Cod.
And Ivan's family is very hospitable. :thumbsup:

pjetrof 05-07-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1037963)
We enjoyed Cape Cod.
And Ivan's family is very hospitable. :thumbsup:

On my bucket list!
A visit to Masterlu

pjetrof 05-07-2021 10:42 AM

Is Burmester as company better than accuphase or estoric?

Masterlu 05-07-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjetrof (Post 1037987)
Is Burmester as company better than accuphase or estoric?

Impossible question to answer.

bart 05-07-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjetrof (Post 1037987)
Is Burmester as company better than accuphase or estoric?


Ivan carries all three brands, and has them on demo in various systems... :yes:

pjetrof 05-07-2021 02:47 PM

I think i have to save a bit longer and start planning a trip over the ocean

minplus 05-07-2021 02:54 PM

An audio-crazy friend had among others Sansui, Leak, JBL, Accuphase, McIntosh and has now Burmester.
Said he liked the McIntosh I have very much as one of the best. He likes changing.
Think they're all splendid.

bart 05-07-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjetrof (Post 1037999)
I think i have to save a bit longer and start planning a trip over the ocean


There's a dealer in Antwerp who carries all 3 brands also, but a trip over the pond is indeed nice. :D

pjetrof 05-07-2021 06:11 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1038004)
There's a dealer in Antwerp who carries all 3 brands also, but a trip over the pond is indeed nice. :D


pjetrof 05-07-2021 06:14 PM

I
Know the factory, but the question was more which company is in your opinions the best.
Concerning customer service etc etc

Masterlu 05-07-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjetrof (Post 1038014)
I
Know the factory, but the question was more which company is in your opinions the best.
Concerning customer service etc etc

I would rate Accuphase as having the best customer service; although you will probably never need it.

pjetrof 05-07-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1038019)
I would rate Accuphase as having the best customer service; although you will probably never need it.

Thx indeed they are build to last forever, but so are the others.
Its difficult our hobby, there is always something better nicer etc

minplus 05-09-2021 03:06 PM

With Burmester and Accuphase it's more the looks; with McIntosh it's a different philosophy and a little bit different sound. Direction tubes.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.