AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Model T Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21383)

James Tanner - Bryston 07-03-2016 06:36 AM

Hi Folks

Another review on the A2 speakers

Bryston Model A2 Speakers Review

James Tanner - Bryston 07-28-2016 08:16 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speakers – Customer Feedback

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016
Subject: Bryston Mini T's Rock!!!!

Hi Folks,

WOW !!!

“I bought Mini T speakers knowing nothing about Bryston products.

Amazing speakers.. !!! wow! --- i am getting ready to set up main rig for big room and will be purchasing the big boy's for it,, shocking how good a product for the money!

Amazing!! Great job!! Bryston!!! --- much better than my (edit) or (edit) or (edit),,,”

jim

Vinyl_nut 08-13-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston (Post 554271)
Hi Folks,

FIRST EVER --- Review of complete bryston System:

Bryston 28BSST2 Monoblock Power Amplifier - Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

james

Jared sold me his BP-17. Crown jewel of my system. Mini T's are the next upgrade for me!

James Tanner - Bryston 08-13-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinyl_nut (Post 797667)
Jared sold me his BP-17. Crown jewel of my system. Mini T's are the next upgrade for me!

Great !! - ENJOY!:music:

james

hooknosed 08-14-2016 04:27 PM

bi-amping model t's with 2 4b-sst2

I have a pair of model t's and a bryston 4b-sst2. Im wondering if anyone has tried bi-amping them a 2 4b's. For some reason I'm really interested in this idea.

Masterlu 08-14-2016 04:56 PM

hooknosed... Welcome to AA! :wave:

In answer to your question, I have not... yet. ;)

jtinto 08-15-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooknosed (Post 797950)
I have a pair of model t's and a bryston 4b-sst2. Im wondering if anyone has tried bi-amping them a 2 4b's. For some reason I'm really interested in this idea.

I've wondered the same. It would also be interesting to compare 2 4Bs vertical bi-amp vs. 2 7B monos.

James Tanner - Bryston 08-16-2016 07:02 AM

Hi Folks,

Generally there is not much advantage when you use the same amplifier in a vertical bi-amp (2-4B) vs a more powerful (2-7B) full range amplifiers.

The passive crossover in the speaker will determine how much power gets sent to each driver so assuming the single amplifier is capable of driving the speaker without strain there is not much of an advantage. If you like the sound of a specific amplifier on a speaker - say I like a 2.5B on the tweeters and a 4B on the Mid/Woofers then vertical bi-amping does make sense.

I have tried the dual 4B's vs 7B's and the 7B's win in my opinion because the extra power just gives the speaker a greater sense of ease and control. The extra power to every driver is a big advantage.

If you want to improve on the sound of the Model T beyond vertical Bi-Amping then going with an Active crossover and bypassing the Passive crossover has huge advantages.:music:

Hope this helps

james

doguniverse 08-16-2016 07:25 AM

James, then how is this possible adding an Active crossover and bypassing the passive on

James Tanner - Bryston 08-16-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doguniverse (Post 798233)
James, then how is this possible adding an Active crossover and bypassing the passive on

Hi

I am developing an Active crossover for the Model T speaker which should be ready soon and I will be offering an Active version of the Model T in the fall.

Anyone with the Signature Model T can simply replace the Passive outboard crossover with the new Active one. That is not possible with the Passive internal crossover version of the Model T as there is no way to bypass the internal passive crossover.

james