AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Clearaudio Jubilee MC (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48531)

j3brow 08-28-2020 03:34 PM

Clearaudio Jubilee MC

Anybody own this cartridge?? List price is $6k. I’m considering upgrading my McIntosh MT10 stock cart with this cart.

Masterlu 08-28-2020 03:40 PM

I have one on my VPI-HW-40 Anniversary Direct Drive Turntable. I like it very much; it’s the 5th ClearAudio cartridge I own.

Bob Bubeck 09-13-2020 12:42 PM

I have had one in my ClearAudio Innovation Wood with 9" Universal Arm for a couple of months. I chose it on the expectation that it would have synergy with the TT and on the theory that the Panzerholz body would tend to give a bit warmer sonic signature than the two ClearAudio cartridges that flank it to each side cost-wise. I have not yet passed the 75 hour mark, so impressions could change a bit. I have found that a loading of 400 ohms to yield the most appealing balance in timbre for my listening biases (classical and acoustic jazz) in my system. Set up of the TT and installation of the Jubilee MC was performed by Paragon of Ann Arbor.

The Jubilee MC tracks superbly. Challenges such as the finale of Beethoven No. 9 (the new DG repressing of the 1960's von Karajan cycle) are dispatched with aplomb. The reproduction of piano is impressive. Sound staging is wide and deep with clear articulation of individual instruments. I suspect that it would work well in an MT10 (my understanding, a ClearAudio-built TT for Mac). It has turned out to be an excellent match for my system without a truly lofty expenditure. I like mine a lot. YMMV.

Happy listening.

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.

Bob Bubeck 09-13-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1012847)
I have one on my VPI-HW-40 Anniversary Direct Drive Turntable. I like it very much; it’s the 5th ClearAudio cartridge I own.

Ivan, could you favor us with a few brief comments about the sonic differences between the Jubilee MC and the two(?) other ClearAudio MC's you are currently using?

Thanks very much in advance.

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.

agentutah 04-01-2023 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 1012845)
Anybody own this cartridge?? List price is $6k. I’m considering upgrading my McIntosh MT10 stock cart with this cart.

Sorry for the revival of an old thread. Just curious if you ever upgraded to this cart? I'm about to take the plunge and I also have a MT10. Curious of your impressions.

j3brow 04-01-2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentutah (Post 1073343)
Sorry for the revival of an old thread. Just curious if you ever upgraded to this cart? I'm about to take the plunge and I also have a MT10. Curious of your impressions.

I did not, still using my stock cart on MT10. Always seem to find something else to upgrade. Hopefully before this year is up. Clearaudio (Concerto, Stradivari, Jubilee), Lyra (Kleos, Etna, Atlas) and Soundsmith (Hyperion)are all on my wish list.

Fbgbill 04-02-2023 10:33 AM

FWIW if anyone is interested in a McIntosh MT10 cartridge, I have one. I used it on my MT2 for about a year before selling the MT2 and going with a VPI HW40. Send me a message if interested. I would guess it has about 300 hours on it.

Masterlu 04-02-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fbgbill (Post 1073359)
FWIW if anyone is interested in a McIntosh MT10 cartridge, I have one. I used it on my MT2 for about a year before selling the MT2 and going with a VPI HW40. Send me a message if interested. I would guess it has about 300 hours on it.

Bill… any advertisements for gear sales need to be in our Marketplace. :ok:

Fbgbill 04-02-2023 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1073378)
Bill… any advertisements for gear sales need to be in our Marketplace. :ok:

OK thanks