AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Great Bryston Customer Service (Again) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49990)

John Jordan 06-24-2021 10:02 PM

Great Bryston Customer Service (Again)

Good Evening -

Last week my router fried and despite many attempts to bring it back, I broke down and 24 hours later a new one was on the door step. Thank you Prime.

All devices slowly came back but the BDP3. After several tries, gave a call to Bryston. I was immediately put through to Adam Tanner who had a good idea as to the problem's solution.

He patiently waited while I hurled a 50' ethernet cable up over the second floor balcony to the router location enabling the BDP to be connected directly.

The process required several clearings and re-boots to remove the previous settings (and the new settings entered due to my less than stellar keyboarding skills). As an additional bonus, I was able to learn much about networking and the inner operation of the BDP while chatting with Adam during the reboots.

Customer service in one's purchase decision is as important as a component's quality. Once again, Bryston excels in both.:music:

W9TR 06-25-2021 07:59 AM

Its always great to hear about stellar support from established companies. Support is something I always think about when making a purchase decision. Which is why I tend to buy from established companies located close to where I live. Bravo!

clpetersen 06-25-2021 11:01 AM

Good to hear John. Few people ever regret buying Bryston gear.

njcardave 06-25-2021 08:21 PM

I just got a Bryston BDA-3 DAC. I’m happy to hear that the are customer oriented. I can say the same about McIntosh and SVS.

cleeds 06-26-2021 07:43 AM

I'm a long-time Bryston customer. There's no doubt about it: Their service is First Class.

Boom Boom 06-29-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcardave (Post 1040429)
I just got a Bryston BDA-3 DAC. I’m happy to hear that the are customer oriented. I can say the same about McIntosh and SVS.

Hi There. I too put in an order for a BDA-3 DAC. I have amassed a large collection of high rez downloads and redbook rips. I am looking forward to my DAC upgrade and being a Bryston owner.

Incidentally, I helped a friend replace a dying Velodyne sub with an SVS. It was tricky finding a sub with high pass outputs so he could use with both his HT system and his stereo. I called SVS and verified what models worked to recommend what he should order. He also owns Mac. His preamp remote stopped working. They simply sent him a replacement as an accommodation. There's a gentleman who operates out of Vaughn who is authorized by the Mac factory to do repairs on Macs. He got his vintage McIntosh solid state amp reconditioned. He had me look at the invoice. I had to explain the parts (capacitors, resisters, etc.) and why they were expensive to repair. Lol! :tresbon: