AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   VK-55 mono blocks with Thiel CS3.6's (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34779)

bcarey13 02-15-2016 08:45 PM

VK-55 mono blocks with Thiel CS3.6's

I just put this setup together and I couldn't be happier. Out of the gate it was the sound I was hoping for. I was concerned that the power hungry Thiels would be too much for 110wpc BATS. Before I bought them I did a bunch of searching to see if anyone had used them together but nothing. The Thiels spend most of their time below 3 ohms and dip down to 2.3ohms. I was using a Mcintosh MC500 to drive them and before that a MC7270. I'm just amazed that my wife and I listen at a lower volume on the pre, than we did with SS 500wpc. The sound is just incredible and they pair great with the Thiels. I've been through about half a dozen amps in the past two years and these are special for sure.

We've been averaging about 5-6 hours a day listening for the past two weeks. We just don't want to turn it off. My wife has been staying up past me lately listening so I had to teach her how to shut everything down correctly.

Masterlu 02-15-2016 08:54 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54212026.jpg

johndoe21ro 02-22-2016 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcarey13 (Post 760484)
I just put this setup together and I couldn't be happier. Out of the gate it was the sound I was hoping for. I was concerned that the power hungry Thiels would be too much for 110wpc BATS. Before I bought them I did a bunch of searching to see if anyone had used them together but nothing. The Thiels spend most of their time below 3 ohms and dip down to 2.3ohms. I was using a Mcintosh MC500 to drive them and before that a MC7270. I'm just amazed that my wife and I listen at a lower volume on the pre, than we did with SS 500wpc. The sound is just incredible and they pair great with the Thiels. I've been through about half a dozen amps in the past two years and these are special for sure.

We've been averaging about 5-6 hours a day listening for the past two weeks. We just don't want to turn it off. My wife has been staying up past me lately listening so I had to teach her how to shut everything down correctly.

That's the BAT magic... Congrats on your purchase! Use them in good health! :music:
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

bcarey13 02-24-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe21ro (Post 761756)
That's the BAT magic... Congrats on your purchase! Use them in good health! :music:

Thanks.....actually just made a deal on picking up a VK-32SE Preamp. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

2x6spds 04-19-2021 08:55 PM

I have some BAT VK56s and VK33 and a pair of gorgeous Thiel CS3.6s, but in different systems. Love them all. The Thiels are great. Rest in Peace Jim Thiel.

dentlfly 04-21-2021 11:53 AM

i own a pair of jim's CS6. love them. powered by a plinius amp. curious what other amps you tried and why these BAT's are so good. thanks.

ed

Formerly YB-2 04-21-2021 08:02 PM

A friend drives his pair CS3.6s with a 25yr-old Cary SLI-70 integrated amp and they sound terrific in his small listening room (definitely dominated by the Thiels).
I still have fond memories of my VK-30 preamp with all the bells & whistles (6-pack, etc.). BAT makes excellent gear.