AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   ARC customer service (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=15018)

Bavarian05 07-11-2012 07:46 PM

ARC customer service

Today when service is really good, I believe it deserves to be recognized.
As we all know, positive customer service experiences are usually not the norm.

I have a Ref 110 and a LS17SE and had been struggling with a very small usable window on my volume control. My speakers are moderate sensitivity rated at 88db.
Typically on most recordings, I really only had about 3 LEDs worth of play in the volume control. It basically was either too loud or too soft.
I called and spoke with Calvin on Monday and discussed it. As always, he took his time with me and told me that they do have an option to reduce gain on the LS17 from the standard 18 db to 12 db.

I asked him how long of a wait they were running currently for repairs or warranty work and he explained that it was about 3-4 weeks out currently.
I then asked him if there was a better time of the year when I could bring it in to have the gain reduction performed when the wait would be shorter and he said that they appreciate my business and said if I can drop it off in the morning, he would be sure the work was performed the same day and that I could pick it up the same afternoon! I dropped it off this morning about 9:30am and received a call from Calvin saying it was ready for pickup at 2:30pm. This was also done at no charge to me! I appreciated this so much and I think this type of service is very rare today. Other than Bryston (who is also wonderful in my opinion) I have never experienced this level of customer service. A very warm thank you to Calvin and ARC!

(I am also thrilled with the gain reduction, it sounds wonderful and I can now really fine tune the levels).

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

Toobs 07-11-2012 07:59 PM

Excellent customer service from an excellent company:yes:

tunes 07-11-2012 08:55 PM

I concur. Kalvin has been superb the few times I have needed to contact him/ARC. Very courteous and very quick to reply. I also appreciate when people recognize good customer service as so often we are focused on the complaints and the things that piss us off often stick in our minds longer.

cmalak 07-11-2012 08:58 PM

I have always been treated well by ARC :thumbsup:

markmck79 07-11-2012 09:07 PM

+1

I have always found ARC's customer service to be first class.

dmnc02 07-11-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 335819)
I have always been treated well by ARC :thumbsup:

+1

jpgr4blu 07-11-2012 11:23 PM

I agee. ARC has great customer service and Kal is one of the finest public liaisons on the planet as well as a reliable source of ARC knowledge.

chessman 07-11-2012 11:24 PM

Thanks for sharing that. It is important that we know and support the companies that provide good service. As you said, it is becoming all too rare.

Ritmo 07-12-2012 06:36 AM

Bavarian,

Good story. Glad Calvin and ARC took care of you.

Mike

Aescalpius 07-12-2012 09:24 AM

I have to agree that both ARC and Bryston provide outstanding customer service. I was having problems with data dropouts and digital grunge while using my DAC 8 on the USB input. Kalvin was very helpful on the phone and they eventually took the DAC 8 back for a complete check-up at no cost to me. Ultimately it turned out to be the computer music server that was at fault. Throughout the whole experience Kalvin and others at ARC were very understanding and helpful. I also had a problem with my Ref5, a blown resistor I think. They took it back, fixed the problem and, while it was there, upgraded a few other components to the current spec. Really quite outstanding service, I can't recommend them highly enough!