AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hello from Denver (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49862)

SnowmaNick 05-08-2021 02:22 PM

Hello from Denver

Hi all,

I’m new here but I have been reading threads that came up on Google searches for awhile. This seemed like a nice forum that was more like enthusiasts sharing about a hobby than a group of people spoiling for a fight that some forums frequently devolve into. Hence I joined. I’v been really just sucking up others experiences by reading the threads all day.

Anyway, my name is Nick and I live in the Denver metro. I’ve been a huge fan of reproduced audio since childhood. I remember the first time I really paid attention was to my step-father’s system. He had JBL L100s, a HK Citation amp, Marantz pre and an old Acoustic Research turntable. And a toss away Sony CD player. It was mind blowing hearing the difference between his system and the Fischer all-in-one my Mom had.

Over the 30 some years between then and now I’ve always been reading, attending shows, and putting systems together. I was in audio sales and setup back in the 90’s, but was more into hearing and installing the gear than being a good salesperson.

Currently I have my main system down in my basement, which does its best to do both 2-channel and home theater, a 2-channel rig in the living room which has been neglected since COVID as my wife now works from home and our kids spent months remote learning, and a garage system for when I’m trying to get my ‘60 Jaguar MK2 3.8L to stay running. A Sisyphean task.

My tastes in speakers haven’t changed much from when I was a kid. I have JBL Synthesis in my big rig, Revel F208s in my living room, and some KEFs in the garage as the Jag was tired of being the only Brit in there.

Thanks for having me.

audioguy3107 05-08-2021 02:39 PM

Nick - Welcome to AA.......some good folks here....I know what you mean about the constant fighting you see on other forums but not here. Welcome!

- Buck

Masterlu 05-08-2021 03:48 PM

Nick... Welcome to AA! :wave:

bart 05-08-2021 04:39 PM

Nick, I hate your JBL and Revel speakers! And that old car is worthless!

The above is what we don't do here at AA.
Welcome to AudioAficionado!!
That was a very nice introduction by the way.

(And I love Jaguar! :D)

Soundmig 05-08-2021 06:15 PM

Welcome Nick. Sounds like you'll fit right in. I'm on the other side of the hill, but do get "over to the front-range" a few times per year. RMAF is one of those times :-)

Antonmb 05-08-2021 06:25 PM

Welcome Nick, nice to have you with us. You have my dream car - just don’t say it’s imperial maroon[emoji41].

SnowmaNick 05-08-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1038088)
Welcome Nick, nice to have you with us. You have my dream car - just don’t say it’s imperial maroon[emoji41].

The Jag is British Racing Green - ish. As BRG wasn’t an official color. And in need of a new paint job as this one is about 10 years old now. I must say, Donald’s Byrd made it look sexier and British gangsters made it look cooler, but the fact that it’s been in the family since new and the way my kids light up when we’re in it make it the best ever for me.

SnowmaNick 05-08-2021 08:36 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I knew this was the right place.

kfr01 05-14-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowmaNick (Post 1038070)
Hi all,

I’m new here but I have been reading threads that came up on Google searches for awhile. This seemed like a nice forum that was more like enthusiasts sharing about a hobby than a group of people spoiling for a fight that some forums frequently devolve into. Hence I joined. I’v been really just sucking up others experiences by reading the threads all day.

Anyway, my name is Nick and I live in the Denver metro. I’ve been a huge fan of reproduced audio since childhood. I remember the first time I really paid attention was to my step-father’s system. He had JBL L100s, a HK Citation amp, Marantz pre and an old Acoustic Research turntable. And a toss away Sony CD player. It was mind blowing hearing the difference between his system and the Fischer all-in-one my Mom had.

Over the 30 some years between then and now I’ve always been reading, attending shows, and putting systems together. I was in audio sales and setup back in the 90’s, but was more into hearing and installing the gear than being a good salesperson.

Currently I have my main system down in my basement, which does its best to do both 2-channel and home theater, a 2-channel rig in the living room which has been neglected since COVID as my wife now works from home and our kids spent months remote learning, and a garage system for when I’m trying to get my ‘60 Jaguar MK2 3.8L to stay running. A Sisyphean task.

My tastes in speakers haven’t changed much from when I was a kid. I have JBL Synthesis in my big rig, Revel F208s in my living room, and some KEFs in the garage as the Jag was tired of being the only Brit in there.

Thanks for having me.

Hard to argue with JBL Synthesis in the big and Revel F208s in the living rm. Harman fan, or just coincidence? Cheers

Masterlu 05-15-2021 12:01 AM

Wait a second, growing up I had JBL L100’s and HK Citation electronics. :music: