AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Klipsch Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Today's Klipschorns (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=20943)

JSCC 05-01-2013 02:38 AM

Today's Klipschorns

Does anyone knows the Klipschorns today have closed backs (like the 60th Anniversary Edition)? :scratch2:

Please advise as over here, there's not a chance Klipschorns are available for audition. So, never will have the chance to check on back of the speaker. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Coytee 05-01-2013 06:42 AM

I have no idea about the current models. The design that was originally intended to replace the Khorn as the Klipschorn II, does have an enclosed back. (you can search on Jubilee if you care to)

Unfortunately, with PWK's passing, the Jubilee never made it into the residential lineup. It was put into their cinema lineup.

Might be worth noting that the Jubilee has historically been available for a similar expense (possibly even less) than a new pair of Klipschorns.

Pyro 05-01-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 486524)
Does anyone knows the Klipschorns today have closed backs (like the 60th Anniversary Edition)? :scratch2:

Please advise as over here, there's not a chance Klipschorns are available for audition. So, never will have the chance to check on back of the speaker. Thanks. :thumbsup:

60th Anniversary Edition K-horns have closed backs. :thumbsup:

JSCC 05-01-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro (Post 486624)
60th Anniversary Edition K-horns have closed backs. :thumbsup:

Thanks Pyro ... How about the current production K-horns? Closed back too?

Pyro 05-01-2013 01:58 PM

Unknown with the current Khorns. I would say, "No."

I owned the 60th Anniversary Khorns which were sealed in the back but ended up selling them.

Khorns are very room dependent and need to be placed right up in the corner so I am not sure why you are so concerned about whether they are sealed in the back.

I also owned the LaScala II's which were very nice speakers. If only I knew about electronic crossovers and subs at that time. :tears:

JSCC 05-01-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyro (Post 486766)
Unknown with the current Khorns. I would say, "No."

I owned the 60th Anniversary Khorns which were sealed in the back but ended up selling them.

Khorns are very room dependent and need to be placed right up in the corner so I am not sure why you are so concerned about whether they are sealed in the back.

I also owned the LaScala II's which were very nice speakers. If only I knew about electronic crossovers and subs at that time. :tears:

Hi Pyro, I dont have 2 corners ..... and thats my concern. If the back is sealed, this concern is no longer valid as its like any other speakers. Thanks for the advise. So if I am into K-Horns, then I will have to look up the 60th Anniversary, which is most unlikely to show up over here. :yes:

dirtbag 05-01-2013 04:22 PM

If you don't have 2 corners, the Khorns may not be right for you.
LaScalas would be a better option

o0OBillO0o 05-01-2013 04:47 PM

Such an odd request. A Closed back Klipschorn. Well, If that is what you want. Have fun with the hunt.

Can you relate to use why you seek the closed back version of the Klipschorn?

luvmy92 05-01-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o (Post 486835)
Such an odd request. A Closed back Klipschorn. Well, If that is what you want. Have fun with the hunt.

Can you relate to use why you seek the closed back version of the Klipschorn?

Because the closed back version doesn't require 2 corners. Greg Roberts closed the backs on mine and they sound glorious! Here's a link to what he did on mine:

Klipsch Khorn V-Trac Upgrades - Restoration - "FL" Khorns - Volti Audio

Mike

Pyro 05-01-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 486819)
Hi Pyro, I dont have 2 corners ..... and thats my concern. If the back is sealed, this concern is no longer valid as its like any other speakers. Thanks for the advise. So if I am into K-Horns, then I will have to look up the 60th Anniversary, which is most unlikely to show up over here. :yes:

Jerry,

My 60th anniversary Khorns still needed corners.

IMHO - If you want Khorns and don't have two good corners, I would suggest LaScala II's, a pair of JL audio subs and a active crossover.

Rob