AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   JL Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   JL Audio Fathom f113 repair (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43298)

Audiophilehi 01-12-2024 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1079972)
Paul… it is your Sub; and yes you can send them just your Amp Plate. Once you arrange an RMA, they will send you simple instructions on how to remove the amp plate.

Thanks so much Ivan!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Audiophilehi 01-17-2024 02:00 PM

I’m going to attempt to take the amplifier plate off my f113. Do I self tap the top row of screws, just the corners, or something else?

Masterlu 01-17-2024 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 1080140)
I’m going to attempt to take the amplifier plate off my f113. Do I self tap the top row of screws, just the corners, or something else?

Did they send you the instructions? There is no tapping of screws involved.

Audiophilehi 01-17-2024 04:08 PM

That would be option 1. Randy advised against it and offered option 2 and 3. See below. Not sure I want to do option 2 or 3 so I wanted to attempt option 1 myself.

Your Fathom model powered subwoofer would be eligible for our Flat Fee Program of servicing and
updating. You have 3 options for restoring your Fathom to working order.

Option 2
You can ship the complete Fathom model to JL Audio for the Flat Fee servicing and updating. The
shipping cost will be higher, but the advantage is JL Audio will have the opportunity to inspect
your control panel for switch and potentiometer linearity and continuity. Additionally, the subwoofer will be inspected for compliance in both suspension components (spider and foam surround) and the
electronic components (voice coil and wiring).

The Flat Fee price is the same on both options and you have the choice of working with JL Audio
directly or through a participating local dealer.

Here are the Flat Fee Program details:
JL Audio offers a flat fee service program for older Fathoms that are out of warranty. JL Audio
will repair any electrical or mechanical defects, plus inspect the amplifier and the front mounted
control panel processor. Any service bulletins and production revisions would be performed on
selected parts, updating the unit to the latest version of the Fathom v1 subwoofer.

There is a flat fee cost of $450 to repair any electronics on a Fathom powered subwoofer. If your
W7-H subwoofer requires replacement, there is an additional fee of $350 (10"), $450 (12"), or $550
(13.5").

You are responsible for shipping the unit to JL Audio and we will return the unit to you at our
expense. Your Fathom is then covered by a one-year parts and labor warranty.

JL Audio has two facilities that perform the flat fee service program; Miramar, Florida and
Phoenix, Arizona; with the one nearest to you handling the servicing.

An original shipping container, with the black sock to protect the cabinet’s finish, is the ONLY
acceptable means of packaging and shipping to ensure the subwoofer arrives without damage. If you
have discarded your original shipping container, they are available for $60 (f110) and $100 (f112 and f113) plus the shipping costs to you.

Option 3
JL Audio has recently introduced a Fathom v1 to Fathom v2 Upgrade Program that
transforms your original Fathom model into the current Fathom v2 model. This program must be administered through one of our authorized dealers nationwide.

Here are the details:

By contacting a local JL Audio home products dealer you will be able to have your original Fathom shipped back to JL Audio for a complete upgrade to the Fathom v2 model. JL Audio will reuse your cabinet but remove all original components, replacing all working parts and wiring with Fathom v2 componentry.

The advantages of the upgrade over the v1 are:

• v2 includes the 18 band DARO digital parametric EQ vs. the 1 band analog ARO EQ of the
v1
• Higher power rating of the amplifier (averaging 400 watts more over the v1 models)
• Upgraded capacitors with longer lifespans and higher temperature operation ratings
• Newly designed control panel internal circuitry and wiring
• w7H woofer that has been engineered to handle higher power
• You receive a new power cord, DARO microphone kit and accessories pack

Since all of the working components are brand new you receive the new standard 3-year JL Audio
warranty. As with the Flat Fee program JL Audio pays return shipping back to your dealer.

The current pricing for the full f113v1 to f113v2 upgrade is $3,750. As a reference the current retail for the 2024 f113v2 is $6,000.

Audiophilehi 01-18-2024 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’ s the info to remove the backplate from the JL Audio f112/113.

Masterlu 01-18-2024 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 1080163)
Here’ s the info to remove the backplate from the JL Audio f112/113.

Thanks Paul :thumbsup: