AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   CD Players, Digital Music & Servers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Olive 04HD music server Firmware 3.0 update (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=28969)

jdandy 11-11-2014 04:42 PM

Olive 04HD music server Firmware 3.0 update

Here is the email I received from Olive Media on updating the Olive 04HD music server to Firmware 3.0. Both of my 04HD servers updated without issue and the new Firmware corrected issues I was experiencing with one server. I am only the messenger so perform the Firmware 3.0 update at your own risk.

Hi Dan,

If your Olive is running the latest software version (O.4.3.2), which it seems to according to your records, we can try and upgrade the firmware to 3.0 and this should resolve the performance issues. Please only do this if your problem is unbearable. The firmware update can also make your unit inoperable and is risky.

Please verify again that your Olive is on 4.3.2 or else installing FW 3.0 will cause irreparable damage to the hardware.

Firmware 3.0
• Installation of both software and Firmware updates can last up to 10 min.
• The firmware update can be installed by pressing a simple key combination.
• With the Olive turned on, press the following two buttons Top navigation button and Fast forward button, keep both buttons pressed down for 6 seconds and release. This will trigger the installation of Firmware 3.0
• Please do NOT turn off or interrupt the installation process at any time or the unit might be irreparably damaged.

Thanks!

Olive Support Team

chessman 11-11-2014 05:34 PM

Talk about a mixed blessing ...

Volks 11-11-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 649991)
Here is the email I received from Olive Media on updating the Olive 04HD music server to Firmware 3.0. Both of my 04HD servers updated without issue and the new Firmware corrected issues I was experiencing with one server. I am only the messenger so perform the Firmware 3.0 update at your own risk.

Hi Dan,

If your Olive is running the latest software version (O.4.3.2), which it seems to according to your records, we can try and upgrade the firmware to 3.0 and this should resolve the performance issues. Please only do this if your problem is unbearable. The firmware update can also make your unit inoperable and is risky.

Please verify again that your Olive is on 4.3.2 or else installing FW 3.0 will cause irreparable damage to the hardware.

Firmware 3.0
• Installation of both software and Firmware updates can last up to 10 min.
• The firmware update can be installed by pressing a simple key combination.
• With the Olive turned on, press the following two buttons Top navigation button and Fast forward button, keep both buttons pressed down for 6 seconds and release. This will trigger the installation of Firmware 3.0
• Please do NOT turn off or interrupt the installation process at any time or the unit might be irreparably damaged.

Thanks!

Olive Support Team

Interesting....I must go check to see what version I have.

jdandy 11-11-2014 06:19 PM

Michael.......You can find the software version under SETTINGS -> ABOUT YOUR OLIVE -> SW VERSION. You can find the Firmware version under SETTINGS -> ABOUT YOUR OLIVE -> FW VERSION.

Remember, you must have software version 0.4.3.2 before you update to Firmware 3.0.

edkoz 11-11-2014 06:24 PM

Its interesting that you got a response from them. I guess that email you sent them struck a nerve. Good for you Dan :thumbsup:

Volks 11-11-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 650037)
Michael.......You can find the software version under SETTINGS -> ABOUT YOUR OLIVE -> SW VERSION. You can find the Firmware version under SETTINGS -> ABOUT YOUR OLIVE -> FW VERSION. Remember, you must have software version 0.4.3.2 before you update to Firmware 3.0.

Thanks Dan......how long did the update take?

jdandy 11-11-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volks (Post 650045)
Thanks Dan......how long did the update take?

Michael.......The update took less than 3 minutes on each server. I am listening to the new Pink Floyd - The Endless River 24/96 high-res HDTracks download from the Olive 04HD in the studio system right now. It was the server that was misbehaving. It is working perfectly now. I still have my fingers crossed that all issues are solved. Time will tell but it is looking and sounding excellent right now.

Volks 11-12-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 650087)
Michael.......The update took less than 3 minutes on each server. I am listening to the new Pink Floyd - The Endless River 24/96 high-res HDTracks download from the Olive 04HD in the studio system right now. It was the server that was misbehaving. It is working perfectly now. I still have my fingers crossed that all issues are solved. Time will tell but it is looking and sounding excellent right now.

Wow..... will I did the update ....took about 3 mins like you said Dan and so far so good.......whats weird is even the Olive App seems to be working better on my iphone after I did the update lol :thumbsup:

jdandy 11-12-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volks (Post 650313)
Wow..... will I did the update ....took about 3 mins like you said Dan and so far so good.......whats weird is even the Olive App seems to be working better on my iphone after I did the update lol :thumbsup:

Michael.......Yes, I noticed an improvement in the speed of my iPad interface with the Olive 04HD app. The touchscreen menus seem a bit snappier and I think the touchscreen display is a bit brighter, too.

Good to hear your firmware 3.0 update was successful.

AudioNut 11-12-2014 10:40 PM

Maybe I'll give it a go . . .

http://running-advice.com/blog/wp-co...d-to-death.jpg