AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audeze (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Audeze LCD3 Incredible HPs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41274)

edkoz 11-22-2017 03:34 PM

Audeze LCD3 Incredible HPs

Just received a set of Audeze LCD3 head phones today. I am amazed at how great they sound. I am looking forward to spending some time with them over the next few days.
Ed

Masterlu 11-22-2017 05:06 PM

Ed... outstanding; I’m very glad to hear that. :music:

edkoz 11-22-2017 06:04 PM

Thanks Ivan. They have exactly the sound I was hoping for!

piolaxo 11-22-2017 07:30 PM

Hi Ed, does the BHA-1 drive them with enough juice? In other words, do you have
the slight hint that the LCD-3s require a bit more power?

Sal

edkoz 11-22-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piolaxo (Post 881526)
Hi Ed, does the BHA-1 drive them with enough juice? In other words, do you have
the slight hint that the LCD-3s require a bit more power?

Sal

Sal
I have not found any issue with the BHA-1 driving the Audeze LCD3 in my system. I have the input to the BHA-1 coming from the C2300. Works GREAT. These head phones (to me) are perfect. The Highs/mids/bass is like listening to my system speakers.(well almost-PDC).
Ed

PHC1 11-22-2017 07:52 PM

Bryston BHA-1 in balanced is another step up in sound quality. Double the voltage to each driver in the Balanced mode. :yes:

piolaxo 11-22-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edkoz (Post 881529)
Sal
I have not found any issue with the BHA-1 driving the Audeze LCD3 in my system. I have the input to the BHA-1 coming from the C2300. Works GREAT. These head phones (to me) are perfect. The Highs/mids/bass is like listening to my system speakers.(well almost-PDC).
Ed

Thanks Ed, good to hear. This combo is exactly what I've been looking at lately.
I'm not sure I can sway the LCD-3s, but if not, I can shift my focus to
the LCD-2s.

Formerly YB-2 09-23-2018 01:14 PM

Good news on the BHA-1 with the LCD-3. Was to pick up my BHA-1 yesterday, but has been pushed back to Tuesday. The LCD-3 works wonderfully with the Woo WA6 & Sophia Electric tubes (and others - just that much better with the Sophia Electric). Did try them with the Schiit Valhalla 2 and it is a big step-up putting in the WA6. Not that the Valhalla 2 is bad, but the WA6 is a fair bit better.

Rolled the BHA-1 in yesterday and the LCD-3 works best with it. Will give Serge's option of feeding the WA6 (tubes) from the BHA-1 (solid-state) a try shortly. Still waiting for my DAC-to-RCA cable to arrive.

clpetersen 01-09-2019 06:38 PM

With many thanks to Legend Audio/Ivan, I received the Audeze LCD-3's yesterday. Limited listening so far, but wow. This is my first pair of 'real' headphones so an adjustment, but the immediacy and especially the details I did not pick up on before are just stunning.
Nothing subtle here.

Ivan offered a great deal and amazing fast shipping. It wasn't quite that the UPS delivery person was at the door as I hung up the phone with Legend Audio, but it was close.

Masterlu 01-09-2019 06:42 PM

Chris... very glad to know you are enjoying them. Happy Listening! :music: