AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Racks & Furniture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   New racks from Butcher Block Acoustics? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45678)

Fbgbill 05-05-2021 06:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some photos of my homemade rack. I seem to keep adding to it. I recently made the vinyl storage rack for those that I am listening to the most as well as a cd rack for the same reason. They are from the same 1" butcher block.

jimtranr 05-05-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fbgbill (Post 1037931)
Here are some photos of my homemade rack. I seem to keep adding to it. I recently made the vinyl storage rack for those that I am listening to the most as well as a cd rack for the same reason. They are from the same 1" butcher block.

Nice work.

Fbgbill 05-07-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimtranr (Post 1037943)
Nice work.

Thanks Jim

SnowmaNick 05-10-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Those look nice. Love the stain you used.

jayvis1 05-17-2022 11:28 AM

My 60" Rigidrack from Butcher Block Acoustics is rock solid and easily carries my very heaviest components. And most importantly, it receives highest praise
from the wife.

Jdsmoke 05-17-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Very nice. I have been looking to do something similar using 1 inch walnut. How did you connect the pipes to the shelves? It looks like you drilled holes through the used threaded pipe. However from the pics the threading only looks to be where the shelves are. Are the connectors linking 2 pipes. So you have one through the shelf and another from the shelf top of them shelf to the bottom on the next one?

Porsche993TT 05-17-2022 10:20 PM

i use there 3" thick by 18" square walnut platforms at my condo in chicago, nice an simple for my monoblocks and streamer

the owner is a nice guy as well, very accommodating

JBT 05-18-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Very nice!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fbgbill 05-19-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsmoke (Post 1060667)
Very nice. I have been looking to do something similar using 1 inch walnut. How did you connect the pipes to the shelves? It looks like you drilled holes through the used threaded pipe. However from the pics the threading only looks to be where the shelves are. Are the connectors linking 2 pipes. So you have one through the shelf and another from the shelf top of them shelf to the bottom on the next one?

I used a 1 and 1/16" bit to drill holes in the 1" wood. In that hole is a 1.5" threaded pipe that connects the couplings or at the top a cap. 3/4" pipe has an outside diameter of 1" and using the drill bit I did makes it easy to fit the pipe into the holes otherwise you will spend a lot of time reaming out the holes. I made sure that all holes are the same bu using the previous shelf as a guide or the next one. Hope this makes sense.

Fbgbill 05-19-2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBT (Post 1060716)
Very nice!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks