AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Wilson Audio Sabrina Owners Club (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=35083)

Dr Tone 03-11-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata (Post 766469)
These speakers are on my short list to audition. I know rooms vary, but in general, how far away do they need to be from the rear wall? I doubt my wife would want them sitting way out in the room, so I figure 18" is about as far as I can get away with.

They are a smaller speaker and I think Wilson did design them to use that back wall a little. Of course each room is different, here is the manual.

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/pdf/manua...al-sabrina.pdf

After your wife watches the dealer spend 4 hours moving the speaker 1/2 inch at time to get the perfect sound she might feel guilty about wanting to move their placement.

:yes:

Or maybe not.

If you get an in home demo, they dealer will set them up where they need to be and if she's not happy with the placement no matter how friggin' awesome they sound I guess you have to look at another speaker. :icon_thumbsdown:

Toccata 03-11-2016 01:30 PM

If I like them enough, and she simply can't deal with their location, perhaps a slight compromise in ultimate quality is in order. It's too bad they aren't on (lockable) casters--that way, I could roll them into the perfect position, then back against the wall when I'm not listening to them.

Dr Tone 03-11-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata (Post 766501)
If I like them enough, and she simply can't deal with their location, perhaps a slight compromise in ultimate quality is in order. It's too bad they aren't on (lockable) casters--that way, I could roll them into the perfect position, then back against the wall when I'm not listening to them.

When my dealer set up the demo models he used some type of sliding discs, they were dead easy to move around hard wood that way. Maybe that would work for you if you have hard wood?

Slange00 03-16-2016 03:09 AM

Just ordered my pair of Sabrina speakers, now for a painful couple weeks of waiting. Will post pics and impressions when they touch down.

Dr Tone 03-16-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slange00 (Post 767508)
Just ordered my pair of Sabrina speakers, now for a painful couple weeks of waiting. Will post pics and impressions when they touch down.

What colour did you get that they are only couple weeks away? I'm 3 weeks for Galaxy Gray, it originally was 4 weeks but they might be here a week earlier.

Slange00 03-16-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Tone (Post 767546)
What colour did you get that they are only couple weeks away? I'm 3 weeks for Galaxy Gray, it originally was 4 weeks but they might be here a week earlier.

I ended up picking black after all (thought about grey also). According to my dealer the last order they did only took 6 days to be fulfilled. So we may be in a friendly race here :running:

Deckard 03-20-2016 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata (Post 766501)
If I like them enough, and she simply can't deal with their location, perhaps a slight compromise in ultimate quality is in order. It's too bad they aren't on (lockable) casters--that way, I could roll them into the perfect position, then back against the wall when I'm not listening to them.

I got mine in Titan Red a week ago. Absolutely love them, and the best thing in my fairly small space is that when the dealer brought them over for an in home demo, and spent over two hours moving them 1/2 inch at a time (while listening to the same song over, and over, and over again), we found that they sounded best only 8" from the back wall! The dealer took pictures as they have several customers that are also concerned about how far out the Sabrina's need to be from the wall.

I'm driving them with a Classe Sigma SSP and Classe Sigma AMP5. Primary source is a Rega RP6 with Exact2 MM cartridge (turntable is my next upgrade).

Dr Tone 03-21-2016 08:57 AM

Mine shipped late last week. Now for the painful wait as they go to Vancouver to clear customs first. Ugh!

Toccata 03-21-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Tone (Post 766514)
When my dealer set up the demo models he used some type of sliding discs, they were dead easy to move around hard wood that way. Maybe that would work for you if you have hard wood?

Yes, up to a point. The distance from the back wall to the edge of the rug is about 35 inches. Here's a photo:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/a...pstml2lf1q.jpg

(In case you're wondering what the rug looks like, here's a better view back when I had a Pass Labs amp!)

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/a...pshngmb2vg.jpg

Dr Tone 03-21-2016 08:34 PM

I think you will be aliright as long as you can get the speakers at least 6 inches in front of your center audio unit. WAF? The unit will mess up your center image otherwise.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.