AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Hometown Section (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Visit to "The Room" (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=20657)

rscotth 04-18-2013 10:29 PM

Visit to "The Room"

Today I had the privilege to visit Ivan at his Florida home. Last summer I was fortunate enough to visit him in the Cape, to see all his goodies there, but I must say, "The Room" is a very special place. It's very hard to put into words what it capabilities are, but I can assure you, it is capable, and a whole lot more. I thought his systems in Mass. we're special, until I witnessed and experience the Florida rig. I'm just getting over my sensory overload, and its been almost 10 hours since I left Ivan.

The dynamics and realism are mind blowing! POWER is an understatement. Quiet, black background is to die for. Sound pressures I've never experienced. It was truly the most intense audio experience of my life. Well done, Ivan. We listened to different sources at different levels, and I was in awe of how CLEAN everything was at 115-120 dB. Truly a must see. I don't have describe the detail, Ivan is first class in that department. There aren't really any words the try to describe it. You have to witness, feel and live it!

To top off the visit, the ride to lunch in the 458 was another first and visceral experience. Thanks again, Ivan. One of the most enjoyable musical experiences of my life. IMHO, a must for any true audiophile. Make the journey, Ivan's graciousness is infectious. You will be so glad you made the trip.

Ivan, thank you and I look forward to our next visit, where ever that may be!

Scott

jdandy 04-18-2013 10:48 PM

Scott.......I'm happy for you. Visiting Ivan at his Florida home and experiencing THE ROOM is an experience you will always remember. Just reading your post flashed me back to my afternoon there with Ivan. I still remember thinking my theater seat was jumping off the floor with some of the thunderous dynamic bass peaks. Ivan's Florida system is a theme park in and of itself. Thanks for letting us know about the fun.

Masterlu 04-18-2013 11:07 PM

Scott... I'm so glad you made the time and came to visit me today. I enjoyed showing you all facets of "The Room" as well as sharing a good cigar over some great conversation.

Rich and I really had a great time! :thumbsup:

Amado 04-18-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 480554)
Scott.......I happy for you. Visiting Ivan at his Florida home and experiencing THE ROOM is an experience you will always remember. Just reading your post flashed me back to my afternoon there with Ivan. I still remember thinking my theater seat was jumping off the floor with some of the thunderous dynamic bass peaks. Ivan's Florida system is a theme park in and of itself. Thanks for letting us know about the fun.

THEME PARK for the audiophile !!!!!!
Go, make the trip of your life

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

rscotth 04-18-2013 11:21 PM

Dan, you put it well, it is a ride. Ivan the work that you and Rich do for us all, is greatly appreciated. I really enjoy the poolside smoke, and loved hearing Rich's insight on the UFC stuff. I can see he's a big fan, as am I. Rich is the unsung hero of the site. He seems so knowledgable of all the inner workings of the AA world. I had no idea how much it takes to run the forum, and he really seems to have the bull by the horn. Please pass my thanks to him as we'll as enjoyment during our lunch.

Masterlu 04-18-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscotth (Post 480573)
Dan, you put it well, it is a ride. Ivan the work that you and Rich do for us all, is greatly appreciated. I really enjoy the poolside smoke, and loved hearing Rich's insight on the UFC stuff. I can see he's a big fan, as am I. Rich is the unsung hero of the site. He seems so knowledgable of all the inner workings of the AA world. I had no idea how much it takes to run the forum, and he really seems to have the bull by the horn. Please pass my thanks to him as we'll as enjoyment during our lunch.

I sure will Scott :tresbon:

MasterLuJr 04-20-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscotth (Post 480573)

Scott,
It was great getting to see you again also! I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience both the Cape and Florida system(s). For me both theater rooms have a "personality" of there own. I still go back and forth trying to figure out which theater is "better" but still can't come to a final conclusion lol Both are so enjoyable :eatndrink:

My other passion is MMA and the UFC. I've been very fortunate to have trained the past five years with some of the best MMA fighters and it has even given me a greater appreciation of the skills these athletes have. I can tell anyone, firsthand, that they train at an unbelievable level day in day out. I don't compete in MMA but have helped numerous fighters by being a sparring partner. I do compete in the occasional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament. I highly recommend this martial art to everyone as it has nothing to do with strength but all to do with technique. I couldn't tell you the countless times guys come from the local gym, who can bench press over 400lbs and look like your typical "meat head", but I can submit them in a matter of seconds. Not only have I trained in this martial art form for over 5 years but I also instruct classes including self-defense. Also this is a primary martial art form for all MMA fighters today.

I truly appreciate your kind words in regards to the site. It's something I really enjoy. In many ways the members of the site are what makes my job a pleasure. The ability of our members to self-moderate, help new users, turn in/point out users breaking rules makes my job easier. I'm constantly working on different ways to improve the site and make our members happy. My primary focus is always going to be on keeping the member's experience safe, enjoyable, and relaxing. This way we all can just share and enjoy the hobby we all love :music:

BTW How did I miss out on cigar time on the patio:umm: