AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Cord Shootout For Fun (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51062)

rjryan 04-17-2022 11:14 AM

Cord Shootout For Fun

Yesterday, my dealer came over with a handful of things to try in my system. He hadn't heard my Aurender yet, so we sat down and started playing around.

For fun, this is what we observed, keeping in mind milage may vary:D

Power Cables

1. The biggest overall improvement came when replacing the stock power cable with a Venom NR14. This was NOT subtle at all. Rather than use flowery language, let's just say it was akin to increasing the size of the room in all directions. Wonderful sound stage improvement with more detail.

All associated gear is already running Venom 10NR's, so I'm not unfamiliar with how great these things are, especially at this price point.

USB

Then, we cycled through an AQ Cinnamon USB (closest thing I had to a generic), a Delta USB, and finally an Alpha.

1. Cinnamon to Delta was also not subtle. Delta produced a much better soundstage, more detail and much more depth. The cinnamon, was just a bit "flat" and "gritty" in comparison.

2. Delta to Alpha was more nuanced, but there was absolutely no denying the improvement in high frequency detail, space around instruments and overall dynamics. It was just more "lively" and engaging.

Tracks referenced from Tidal were" MTV Eagles Live - Hotel California - Sarah Jaroz - My Muse and Steely Dan - Jack of Speed.

I can neither confirm nor deny that he left the house a little lighter in inventory:yes::no::thumbsup:

2fastdriving 04-17-2022 11:58 AM

Congratulations. Pretty much every shunyata product I've put in my system has been a great improvement.

You don't even want to know what alpha NR v2 cords can do, let alone Sigma and Everest conditioner!

Masterlu 04-17-2022 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 1059177)
Congratulations. Pretty much every shunyata product I've put in my system has been a great improvement.

You don't even want to know what alpha NR v2 cords can do, let alone Sigma and Everest conditioner!

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1650211220

Brettf27 04-17-2022 02:44 PM

That sounds like fun, swapping cords around.

I purchased a Venom V10 NR in 2019 which sounded best to me connected to my Bifrost 2. Large improvement in sound quality. Last year I purchased a Delta v2 NR power cord and a Delta Clock 75 for the BNC input to my dac.

I totally agree with 2fastdriving that the recent Shunyata cables have a great positive effect on the music.

audio bill 04-17-2022 06:53 PM

Looks like the thread title should be "Cord Shootout For Fun"... I thought it was a comparison of Chord Electronics. :confused-12:

JoeN 04-17-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 1059199)
Looks like the thread title should be "Cord Shootout For Fun"... I thought it was a comparison of Chord Electronics. :confused-12:

Agreed, I almost didn’t read the thread because of the title.

Shunayta makes excellent cables. We’re using Oemga, Sigma, and Alpha cables. We tried many before purchasing the. Huge difference !!! :thumbsup:

Masterlu 04-17-2022 08:35 PM

Corrected the thread title. ;)

rjryan 04-18-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1059204)
Corrected the thread title. ;)

Many thanks! Autocorrect struck again!

rjryan 04-18-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 1059199)

Correct. See thanks below :-)

rjryan 04-18-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1059178)

I’m scared to find out, [emoji23] My kids don’t “need” college, right?