AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Classe' Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   New Delta Info & Pricing (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44833)

RaceCarDriver 01-09-2019 04:50 PM

New Delta Info & Pricing

https://www.whathifi.com/news/ces-20...reo-amplifiers

3,000 watt mono? Maybe they mean 300?

$10,000 pre
$12,500 stereo amp
$10,000 mono

https://classeaudio.com/

Masterlu 01-09-2019 05:15 PM

Probably a typo, since it would defy Ohms Law. ;)

jdandy 01-09-2019 06:24 PM

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/4F...kmE-650-80.jpg

The Classe Delta Mono amps are driving Magico speakers at CES this year.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...500b9a24de.jpg

Mike-48 01-09-2019 09:11 PM

According to the link, the preamp now includes a phono preamp/input. An unused feature for me, though I suspect it will be a plus for many potential customers.

skyblue 08-12-2019 05:30 PM

No surround receiver. I'm going to stick to my SSP800. Which i love to death :)

audiohippo 08-12-2019 06:26 PM

Pre with no DAC, finally!!

bart 08-13-2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiohippo (Post 975943)
Pre with no DAC, finally!!

Are you sure?
The WhatHifi article mentions digital inputs...

silversurfer6 08-15-2019 11:00 AM

New Delta Info & Pricing

My info is 3 optical, 3 coax and an optional HDMI board with 4 inputs. Additionally Airplay and DNLA.

silversurfer6 08-15-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblue (Post 975937)
No surround receiver. I'm going to stick to my SSP800. Which i love to death :)

The home cinema processor will be the next product after the launch of the stereo pre-amp and the mono/stereo amps. Should be really good since Classe now has access to the Denon/Marantz components and backing and support of world class engineers.

audiohippo 08-15-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 975962)
Are you sure?
The WhatHifi article mentions digital inputs...

oh!

Mike-48 09-07-2019 11:15 PM

Today, I noticed the Classé site now projects availability of the new Delta products as Q1 of 2020. This is a delay from the previous statement of availability in summer, 2019 -- which itself was a delay from previous expectations. I am glad I didn't wait for the new Delta preamp to update my system.

I am curious, though, if anyone has any meaningful news about the company. I'm still using the CP-800, now in my desktop system, so Classé's fate is of interest.

silversurfer6 09-09-2019 09:30 PM

New Delta Info & Pricing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-48 (Post 978880)
Today, I noticed the Classé site now projects availability of the new Delta products as Q1 of 2020. This is a delay from the previous statement of availability in summer, 2019 -- which itself was a delay from previous expectations. I am glad I didn't wait for the new Delta preamp to update my system.

I am curious, though, if anyone has any meaningful news about the company. I'm still using the CP-800, now in my desktop system, so Classé's fate is of interest.

The info is that they have some delays for quality parts and they are not willing to compromise anything.

Remember also that Classe is now owned by SU so there would be strick quality control but also later proper support that you do not get easily from a small exotic boutique company.

I am actually quite positive about the new products and I hope they do really well so that we later get the hime cinema processor which should excellent considering you have behing the knowledge of Marantz/Denon engineers and access to the latest hardware.

audioguy3107 09-09-2019 09:47 PM

Mike - We were all pretty impressed with the Delta monos that Sound United was showing with the Magico S5 mkIIs. I thought the system sounded excellent. They didn’t mention anything about availability though. Check out the RMAF show report thread for a picture of the system.

- Buck

tamblers 12-24-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversurfer6 (Post 979132)
The info is that they have some delays for quality parts and they are not willing to compromise anything.

Remember also that Classe is now owned by SU so there would be strick quality control but also later proper support that you do not get easily from a small exotic boutique company.

I am actually quite positive about the new products and I hope they do really well so that we later get the hime cinema processor which should excellent considering you have behing the knowledge of Marantz/Denon engineers and access to the latest hardware.

Considering how buggy most all the Denon A/V gear I’ve owned was, I would hope they’re learning from the Classe engineers, like Alan Clark, not the other way around. The SSP-800 is one of the best regarded processors ever made and the Sigma MKII has been a great performer for me as well.

silversurfer6 01-14-2020 04:39 PM

Products are launching next month and in March!

chadisrc 01-15-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversurfer6 (Post 992343)
Products are launching next month and in March!

Nice :banana:. Really looking forward to see what the market, and the reviewers think of them. Nice to see the brand come back.

chadisrc 01-21-2020 04:04 AM

Looks like the web site is updated, and full details on the new products. Pretty cool.

silversurfer6 03-11-2020 04:47 PM

Products are out and some customers have received their units. Looking forward to read some reviews!

chadisrc 03-30-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversurfer6 (Post 998035)
Products are out and some customers have received their units. Looking forward to read some reviews!

Very cool. Can't wait too hear what people think about these.

Poppyhome 03-31-2020 09:00 AM

Delta MONO & Delta STEREO — Designed in Montreal and built in Sound United’s ultra-high end Shirakawa Audio Works factory in Japan

https://www.soundunited.com/news/INT...DELTA%20SERIES

tamblers 04-20-2020 12:36 PM

Great info on new Delta series at the Classe website. I notice, though, all references to the Sigma line has disappeared. Just emphasis on the new products or an ominous signal that
Sound United intends to put all their Classe eggs in one basket?

chadisrc 04-26-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamblers (Post 1002566)
Great info on new Delta series at the Classe website. I notice, though, all references to the Sigma line has disappeared. Just emphasis on the new products or an ominous signal that
Sound United intends to put all their Classe eggs in one basket?

I saw a video some time back with the head of Classe. They do intend to put out a new Sigma line. There was no timeline though. Since Delta just came out this year, and with everything else going on in the world right now I would not expect to see something for at least 2 years. They don't even know how successful this new Delta series will be. It is going to be interesting to see what happens.

Dilettante 07-07-2020 01:00 AM

I had a chance to listen to the prototype units of these new Classe Delta Monos monoblock amps driving a pair of the B&W 800 D3 back in 2017 Music Matters event at a local dealer here in Seattle. They sounded fabolous together. They had the new Classe Delta Pre preamp/DAC served as front end. Very musical sounding amps and are clear step up from the previous Delta series amps. Way smoother more refined more fluid than the previous Delta series amps. These new Delta Mono amps ad well as the new Stereo amp are class A biased / AB. I think they are biased into class A for the first 50 watts, and you could definitely hear it. The new Delta Mono amps retail for $22k/pair whereas the new Delta Stereo amp is $12k or $13k, and the new Delta Pre stereo preamp is at $10k.

A buddy of mine, who is a pro hifi audio reviewer for a quite well known hifi publication, is currently reviewing the new Delta Mono amps with the new Delta Pre preamp and he told me he's highly impressed with the new Delta Mono amps. He recently just finished reviewing the big McIntosh MC 1.25KW monoblock amps ($25k/pair) and he said these new Delta Mono amps are better than the big MC 1.25KW monoblock amps. These two monoblock amps are similarly priced but the big MC 1.25KW are rated at 1200 watts @ 8,6,4,2 ohms whereas the new Delta Monos are rated at only 300 watts @ 8 ohms, 600 watts @ 4 ohms, 1200 watts @ 2 ohms and biased into class A / AB. And the McIntosh are simply class AB.

Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

chadisrc 07-10-2020 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 1008657)
I had a chance to listen to the prototype units of these new Classe Delta Monos monoblock amps driving a pair of the B&W 800 D3 back in 2017 Music Matters event at a local dealer here in Seattle. They sounded fabolous together. They had the new Classe Delta Pre preamp/DAC served as front end. Very musical sounding amps and are clear step up from the previous Delta series amps. Way smoother more refined more fluid than the previous Delta series amps. These new Delta Mono amps ad well as the new Stereo amp are class A biased / AB. I think they are biased into class A for the first 50 watts, and you could definitely hear it. The new Delta Mono amps retail for $22k/pair whereas the new Delta Stereo amp is $12k or $13k, and the new Delta Pre stereo preamp is at $10k.

A buddy of mine, who is a pro hifi audio reviewer for a quite well known hifi publication, is currently reviewing the new Delta Mono amps with the new Delta Pre preamp and he told me he's highly impressed with the new Delta Mono amps. He recently just finished reviewing the big McIntosh MC 1.25KW monoblock amps ($25k/pair) and he said these new Delta Mono amps are better than the big MC 1.25KW monoblock amps. These two monoblock amps are similarly priced but the big MC 1.25KW are rated at 1200 watts @ 8,6,4,2 ohms whereas the new Delta Monos are rated at only 300 watts @ 8 ohms, 600 watts @ 4 ohms, 1200 watts @ 2 ohms and biased into class A / AB. And the McIntosh are simply class AB.

Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

Very cool, hope the review comes out soon, would love to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Kal Rubinson 07-10-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadisrc (Post 1008856)
Very cool, hope the review comes out soon, would love to read it. Thanks for sharing.

There is this: https://www.stereophile.com/content/...ower-amplifier

chadisrc 07-10-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 1008861)

:), thanks Kal.

Still-One 07-25-2020 02:26 PM

I stopped by the showroom for one of my dealers this morning and they had just set up the new Delta Series Stereo amp and Delta Pre-amp. The were the source for some Magico A-5's. Even though I didn't take the time to sit and listen I must say I was very impressed with the industrial design and build quality of the new units. The capabilities of the pre-amp are pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing them when they are broken in. Maybe by the time I pick up the Sigma power cord I have on order. :D

https://www.classeaudio.com/wp-conte...rid-img2-1.jpg

https://www.classeaudio.com/wp-conte...-pre-block.jpg

chadisrc 07-26-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 1009824)
I stopped by the showroom for one of my dealers this morning and they had just set up the new Delta Series Stereo amp and Delta Pre-amp. The were the source for some Magico A-5's. Even though I didn't take the time to sit and listen I must say I was very impressed with the industrial design and build quality of the new units. The capabilities of the pre-amp are pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing them when they are broken in. Maybe by the time I pick up the Sigma power cord I have on order. :D

Very cool. Please let us know your impressions when you get a chance to take a listen.

silversurfer6 08-22-2020 03:17 AM

New Delta Info & Pricing

Update on this. Will soon be buidling up a system with delta pre and 4 x mono amps driving 800d3 in biamp mode. Source is marantz SA10. Should be a good reliable system.

joey_v 08-22-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversurfer6 (Post 1012211)
Update on this. Will soon be buidling up a system with delta pre and 4 x mono amps driving 800d3 in biamp mode. Source is marantz SA10. Should be a good reliable system.

Let us know how it goes! :thumbsup:

silversurfer6 08-24-2020 08:46 AM

Asked the same question in a Maramtz SA-10 post:

Marantz DAC and go analog into Delta Pre?

Delta Pre DAC and go digital?

Dilettante 08-24-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversurfer6 (Post 1012416)
Asked the same question in a Maramtz SA-10 post:

Marantz DAC and go analog into Delta Pre?

Delta Pre DAC and go digital?

Let us know how it goes once everything is broken in.

Are you also going to make comparison between using the XLR analog out of the Marantz SA 10 to the Delta Pre vs the digital out of the SA 10 to the Delta Pre to see which would sound better? I know by using the digital out of the SA 10 you can only play CD, not SACD. I'm curious as just for CD playbacks, which one would sound better? Using the DAC in the SA 10 or the DAC in the Delta Pre?

Keep us informed. By the way, are you a Marantz & Classe dealers?

silversurfer6 08-24-2020 04:10 PM

New Delta Info & Pricing

No SACD for this system. I am really tempted to go optical or coax in this and use the Classe DAC. But Inwill compare with analog balanced.

Yes I work for a company that deals with these 2 brands (and more) in a small european country.

Dilettante 08-24-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversurfer6 (Post 1012441)
No SACD for this system. I am really tempted to go optical or coax in this and use the Classe DAC. But Inwill compare with analog balanced.

Yes I work for a company that deals with these 2 brands (and more) in a small european country.

I wouldn't use optical, coax is better. Wished the SA10 had AES/EBU digital out. The Delta Pre has AES/EBU digital in.

I'm still using the Classe SSP 800 AV preamp processor in my dedicated home theater setup. I've had it for 9 or 10 years now and is still going strong. It lacks features bells & whistles found in Marantz AV processors or other Japanese mass produced AV processors or AV receivers. But as far as sound quality, the SSP 800 is phenomenal in both stereo and surrounds (multi channels).

tamblers 09-08-2020 03:25 PM

Quote - Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

Classe products already include an HT processor and multi channel amplifiiers. I hope the Sigma line continues, including soft and hardware updates as the technology advances.

Dilettante 09-09-2020 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamblers (Post 1013983)
Quote - Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

Classe products already include an HT processor and multi channel amplifiiers. I hope the Sigma line continues, including soft and hardware updates as the technology advances.

The new Classe Delta series products consist only stereo gears : Delta Pre stereo preamp/DAC, Delta Stereo power amp, Delta Mono monoblock power amps.

Dilettante 09-13-2020 10:16 PM

Yesterday I had a chance to sit down and have a good listen to the Delta Pre & Delta Monos combo driving a pair of $50k KEF Blade speakers at one local dealer and were very impressive. They had the Delta Pre hooked up via USB DAC input thus using the DAC in the Delta Pre. This was the 2nd time I had a chance to listen to the Delta Pre & Delta Monos combo. The 1st time was at the local high end show in 2017 when Dave Neauber of Classe brought in the pre-production run of the Delta Pre & Delta Monos (prototypes) not long before B&W Group ditched Classe. At the time the Delta Monos were hooked up to the B&W 800 D3. They were very impressive and if my memory served me well I preferred them on the B&W 800 D3.

Back to yesterday's listening audition, we then swapped the Delta Monos / Delta Pre out with the Mac MC611 monoblock amps & the C46 pre on the same $50k worth of KEF Blade and the Delta Monos / Pre combo were superior in all areas, no comparison. They aren't in the same league.

PHC1 02-22-2021 02:08 PM

https://youtu.be/0NaQeRmWF0Y

turbanator 07-05-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 1014480)
Yesterday I had a chance to sit down and have a good listen to the Delta Pre & Delta Monos combo driving a pair of $50k KEF
we then swapped the Delta Monos / Delta Pre out with the Mac MC611 monoblock amps & the C46 pre on the same $50k worth of KEF Blade and the Delta Monos / Pre combo were superior in all areas, no comparison. They aren't in the same league.

I will most likely end up buying Amati Tradition for my stereo setup. Classe Delta Monos are around 5 % expensive than MC611 Delta, the difference is low because of aggressive dealer of Classe (margins? ) vs McIntosh dealer. On another thread, I find a lot of people have MC462 with Amati's and are very happy. MC462 here will be about 45 % cheaper over 2 Classe Mono's.

Will Classe be overkill for these speakers?

turbanator 08-12-2021 04:18 AM

Finally got a Pair of Delta Mono's, Delta Pre and Amati Tradition. Local dealer had a pair of boxed Olympica 3 and we agreed on a package price and I got everything at home.

Currently opened Olympica 3 and these sound so nice with my Lyngdorf MP-40 and SDA2400. Connected with an Atlas Mavros speaker cables and Tellurium Q Ultra Black -II XLR Interconnects.

Now despite going through numerous posts, cannot decide on the speaker cables and interconnects for Amati & Delta Monos. Can someone help me on this?