AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Classe' Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   New Delta Info & Pricing (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44833)

tamblers 04-20-2020 12:36 PM

Great info on new Delta series at the Classe website. I notice, though, all references to the Sigma line has disappeared. Just emphasis on the new products or an ominous signal that
Sound United intends to put all their Classe eggs in one basket?

chadisrc 04-26-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamblers (Post 1002566)
Great info on new Delta series at the Classe website. I notice, though, all references to the Sigma line has disappeared. Just emphasis on the new products or an ominous signal that
Sound United intends to put all their Classe eggs in one basket?

I saw a video some time back with the head of Classe. They do intend to put out a new Sigma line. There was no timeline though. Since Delta just came out this year, and with everything else going on in the world right now I would not expect to see something for at least 2 years. They don't even know how successful this new Delta series will be. It is going to be interesting to see what happens.

Dilettante 07-07-2020 01:00 AM

I had a chance to listen to the prototype units of these new Classe Delta Monos monoblock amps driving a pair of the B&W 800 D3 back in 2017 Music Matters event at a local dealer here in Seattle. They sounded fabolous together. They had the new Classe Delta Pre preamp/DAC served as front end. Very musical sounding amps and are clear step up from the previous Delta series amps. Way smoother more refined more fluid than the previous Delta series amps. These new Delta Mono amps ad well as the new Stereo amp are class A biased / AB. I think they are biased into class A for the first 50 watts, and you could definitely hear it. The new Delta Mono amps retail for $22k/pair whereas the new Delta Stereo amp is $12k or $13k, and the new Delta Pre stereo preamp is at $10k.

A buddy of mine, who is a pro hifi audio reviewer for a quite well known hifi publication, is currently reviewing the new Delta Mono amps with the new Delta Pre preamp and he told me he's highly impressed with the new Delta Mono amps. He recently just finished reviewing the big McIntosh MC 1.25KW monoblock amps ($25k/pair) and he said these new Delta Mono amps are better than the big MC 1.25KW monoblock amps. These two monoblock amps are similarly priced but the big MC 1.25KW are rated at 1200 watts @ 8,6,4,2 ohms whereas the new Delta Monos are rated at only 300 watts @ 8 ohms, 600 watts @ 4 ohms, 1200 watts @ 2 ohms and biased into class A / AB. And the McIntosh are simply class AB.

Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

chadisrc 07-10-2020 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 1008657)
I had a chance to listen to the prototype units of these new Classe Delta Monos monoblock amps driving a pair of the B&W 800 D3 back in 2017 Music Matters event at a local dealer here in Seattle. They sounded fabolous together. They had the new Classe Delta Pre preamp/DAC served as front end. Very musical sounding amps and are clear step up from the previous Delta series amps. Way smoother more refined more fluid than the previous Delta series amps. These new Delta Mono amps ad well as the new Stereo amp are class A biased / AB. I think they are biased into class A for the first 50 watts, and you could definitely hear it. The new Delta Mono amps retail for $22k/pair whereas the new Delta Stereo amp is $12k or $13k, and the new Delta Pre stereo preamp is at $10k.

A buddy of mine, who is a pro hifi audio reviewer for a quite well known hifi publication, is currently reviewing the new Delta Mono amps with the new Delta Pre preamp and he told me he's highly impressed with the new Delta Mono amps. He recently just finished reviewing the big McIntosh MC 1.25KW monoblock amps ($25k/pair) and he said these new Delta Mono amps are better than the big MC 1.25KW monoblock amps. These two monoblock amps are similarly priced but the big MC 1.25KW are rated at 1200 watts @ 8,6,4,2 ohms whereas the new Delta Monos are rated at only 300 watts @ 8 ohms, 600 watts @ 4 ohms, 1200 watts @ 2 ohms and biased into class A / AB. And the McIntosh are simply class AB.

Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

Very cool, hope the review comes out soon, would love to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Kal Rubinson 07-10-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadisrc (Post 1008856)
Very cool, hope the review comes out soon, would love to read it. Thanks for sharing.

There is this: https://www.stereophile.com/content/...ower-amplifier

chadisrc 07-10-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 1008861)

:), thanks Kal.

Still-One 07-25-2020 02:26 PM

I stopped by the showroom for one of my dealers this morning and they had just set up the new Delta Series Stereo amp and Delta Pre-amp. The were the source for some Magico A-5's. Even though I didn't take the time to sit and listen I must say I was very impressed with the industrial design and build quality of the new units. The capabilities of the pre-amp are pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing them when they are broken in. Maybe by the time I pick up the Sigma power cord I have on order. :D

https://www.classeaudio.com/wp-conte...rid-img2-1.jpg

https://www.classeaudio.com/wp-conte...-pre-block.jpg

chadisrc 07-26-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 1009824)
I stopped by the showroom for one of my dealers this morning and they had just set up the new Delta Series Stereo amp and Delta Pre-amp. The were the source for some Magico A-5's. Even though I didn't take the time to sit and listen I must say I was very impressed with the industrial design and build quality of the new units. The capabilities of the pre-amp are pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing them when they are broken in. Maybe by the time I pick up the Sigma power cord I have on order. :D

Very cool. Please let us know your impressions when you get a chance to take a listen.

silversurfer6 08-22-2020 03:17 AM

New Delta Info & Pricing

Update on this. Will soon be buidling up a system with delta pre and 4 x mono amps driving 800d3 in biamp mode. Source is marantz SA10. Should be a good reliable system.

joey_v 08-22-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversurfer6 (Post 1012211)
Update on this. Will soon be buidling up a system with delta pre and 4 x mono amps driving 800d3 in biamp mode. Source is marantz SA10. Should be a good reliable system.

Let us know how it goes! :thumbsup: