AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   What are you Grilling? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Great Steak Seasoning Recipe (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43695)

Doug Lax 09-02-2018 11:34 AM

Great Steak Seasoning Recipe

My favorite steak seasoning is beautiful in its simplicity!

Fresh finely ground white pepper. I like white pepper finely ground, it seems to bring out its flavor more
Fresh coarsely ground black peppercorns.
Fresh coarsely ground green peppercorns.
Pink Himalayan sea salt.

I use half the white pepper that I do the black and green . But do it to your taste ! I start with the salt then keep adding the peppers till I get the taste I like!

this mix is great on burgers and also great to put in fried chicken flour .

I really like Marion Kay Black Pepper the best. Penzy’s Is also great :thumbsup::banana:

Tell me your steak tricks

Cohibaman 09-02-2018 12:15 PM

Mine is pretty simple as well. I liberally coat the steak with olive oil, sprinkle kosher salt, fresh cracked Tellicherry peppercorn and occasionally a light dusting of granulated garlic. Then I let it rest 10-20 minutes while the grill gets hot.

Mikado463 09-02-2018 01:14 PM

agreed, simple is best. A light rub of olive oil followed buy a rub of 'Montreal Steak' seasoning, let the steak sit for half hour / 45 min before the grill.

Doug Lax 09-02-2018 02:42 PM

Montreal is great stuff on steaks burgers and Prime rib :thumbsup:

Antonmb 09-02-2018 05:20 PM

I sense a trend here. I also use evo, then rub in fresh ground black pepper and sea salt and let it rest for 30 minutes before grilling.

Cohibaman 09-02-2018 05:24 PM

The other thing I really like is flavored butter. I like adding granulated garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of parsley to melted butter. I put that in a small ramekin, refrigerate until it’s solid, then top my finished steak with a spoonful of the flavored butter. An amazing flavor infusion!

Antonmb 09-02-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cohibaman (Post 929732)
The other thing I really like is flavored butter. I like adding granulated garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of parsley to melted butter. I put that in a small ramekin, refrigerate until it’s solid, then top my finished steak with a spoonful of the flavored butter. An amazing flavor infusion!

I’m going to try that. Maybe with a splash of Worcestershire.

Doug Lax 09-02-2018 10:27 PM

:drool: flavored butter :tresbon:

Try the green and white peppercorns too it will surprise you:smoking:

dolsey01 09-04-2018 11:02 AM

Grind up some dried porcini mushrooms into a powder, a few ounces goes a long way.

Thank me later.

NZ421291 09-04-2018 08:11 PM

A tip from the top steak restaurant chef here in Takapuna.

Instead of oil, use 'Gee' (Clarified butter).

Melt the Gee, brush on the meat generously, then use your rub.

I do the pepper thing as well adding red peppercorns to the mix, & also add:

Smoked Paprika
Cumin (finely ground)
Mustard Seeds (crushed)
Garlic Salt
Chilli (finely ground)

All to taste.