AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   ADD-Powr (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   ADD-Powr listening impressions! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47482)

Masterlu 01-24-2020 09:49 PM

ADD-Powr listening impressions!

Ok, today was a fairly busy day for me but each time I had a break, I installed some of my new ADD-Powr units.

First, I installed a Sorcer x4 on my main audio service panel. Remember, these just plug into an unused outlet; they are totally passive.

Next, I installed a (3) Wizard’s, one under each of my Burmester 911 MKIII Amps.

Then about an hour ago, I decided to turn on the system and listen for changes.

I can honestly tell everyone, this is not Dramatic; it is absolutely Profound! I could not believe my ears; it sounded as if I upgraded my Aida’s!

Let me tell you what I just experienced; first, the system has substantially greater dynamics, across the entire audible spectrum.

The sound stage is even wider, deeper, and much more holographic. The Bass has improved in a major way, as if I more than doubled the power of my amps. I also noticed that I am achieving the same SPL with lower gain settings on my preamp. It’s like putting your entire system on Steroids, quite remarkable when you consider this is totally passive.

If this all sounds like a late night Audio TV commercial, I apologize because this is a breath taking transformation.

I started streaming plain Redbook CD’s that I still can’t get over; these units are a real game changer!

Whether you buy one direct from the manufacturer at retail, or as a Subscriber get one from me at a discount, you will have a full 30 day in home trial to experience what I just did.

I think the Sorcer x4 on my main service panel is doing the heavy lifting, so to speak. I am sure Bill from ADD-Powr will chime in. I have photos to post, but was too jacked up, and had to get my initial impressions posted.

In somewhat of a comparison; a Furutech Flux-50 NCF Filter treats a single component at $1250 retail. An ADD-Powr Wizard treats an entire system at $1999 retail. Not to mention how much more impactful the Wizard is on your musical enjoyment, and the risk free home trial.

Much more to follow...

alkizz 01-24-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 993388)
The sound stage is even wider, deeper, and much more holographic. The Bass has improved in a major way, as if I more than doubled the power of my amps. I also noticed that I am achieving the same SPL with lower gain settings on my preamp.

This is my experience with the entry level ElectraClears... It is quite a dramatic difference that I just cannot explain.

Can't wait to add wizard(s) or Sorcerer in April! Better stated, as a question for Bill, is it more advantageous to get 2 wizards and place them near the components or 1 sorcerer x4 near the panel?

For The Love of Music 01-24-2020 10:06 PM

Ivan is not f’in around - it is that good!

And this really makes up for a lot of other things that use power in a system.

Well worth adding any level of this brand!

audio bill 01-25-2020 09:56 AM

With all due respect I'd like to make a technical point of clarification about these devices. They're not passive... it's a unique active circuit which operates in parallel with your power-line so they can't limit current since there's nothing placed in series with your power. The best description of what they do is taken directly from their website:

ADD-Powr technology is Algorithm Digital Defined electrical energy and power. Energy is added to electrical signals and systems. It is unique because it is non-invasive.
  1. The products generate low frequency electromagnetic fields to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems.
  2. The products condition AC line voltage through a low frequency pulsing action to effect an increase of the energy delivered to the power supplies of system components by .8 to 2.5 dB or more.
This corresponds to an increase of voltage peaks from 1 to 5%.
Instead of inserting a potentially current limiting component between the incoming AC and your components, a pulsed field now re-references, or biases, the AC signal.

alkizz 01-25-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 993428)
With all due respect I'd like to make a technical point of clarification about these devices. They're not passive... it's a unique active circuit which operates in parallel with your power-line so they can't limit current since there's nothing placed in series with your power. The best description of what they do is taken directly from their website:

ADD-Powr technology is Algorithm Digital Defined electrical energy and power. Energy is added to electrical signals and systems. It is unique because it is non-invasive.
  1. The products generate low frequency electromagnetic fields to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems.
  2. The products condition AC line voltage through a low frequency pulsing action to effect an increase of the energy delivered to the power supplies of system components by .8 to 2.5 dB or more.
This corresponds to an increase of voltage peaks from 1 to 5%.
Instead of inserting a potentially current limiting component between the incoming AC and your components, a pulsed field now re-references, or biases, the AC signal.

Thanks Bill. Was hoping you could help with a question above - is it more advantageous to get 2 wizards and place them near the components or 1 sorcerer x4 near the panel?

thank you again.

Masterlu 01-25-2020 10:54 AM

Today, I am going to try a Wizard on my G90 Video Projector.

audio bill 01-25-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkizz (Post 993430)
Thanks Bill. Was hoping you could help with a question above - is it more advantageous to get 2 wizards and place them near the components or 1 sorcerer x4 near the panel?

thank you again.

I'm not sure... I'd suggest following up with Ivan or the company directly for the answer to that question! (I'm not that Bill!)

Masterlu 01-25-2020 11:16 AM

While I am still in Awe of what these have done to transform my highest end system; Burmester/Aida/Grandioso. I think it’s worthy to note that I have previously tweaked this system for years, and virtually approached it from a cost no object.

I have left nothing to chance, left no stone unturned. Then along comes these ADD-Powr devices, and what an extreme game changer they are.

Masterlu 01-25-2020 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of the Wizards getting installed under each Burmester amp; below my HRS-SXR rack. The one in the Center has already been done. I am using WW Electra PC's on all three of them.

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1579965772

For The Love of Music 01-25-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkizz (Post 993430)

thank you again.

My thought is, and it’s just that, is to just score the Sorcer, why?

Simply you can try it in both places, and believe in either case you will gain performance. Side benefit is you only need one power cable, and they do make a difference, but not mandatory.

My hunch is the closer the system is to the panel, the better the benefit.

Don’t be surprised if you realize results in other areas as these signals seem to travel and I don’t believe any home lives in is big enough to reduce the benefit - but that’s my opinion.