AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Analog Pressings (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   How much new Vinyl do you have... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46646)

audioguy3107 06-10-2020 02:21 PM

I just got around to opening and cleaning my MOFI 45 RPM Telegraph Road by Dire Straits. That’s the last unopened record on the shelf. May give it a spin tonight. Guess it’s time for a new order!

- Buck

prepress 06-10-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prepress (Post 1006833)
I'm supposed to be cataloging my records as part of an estate assessment. I have a Tedeschi Trucks Band I know is unopened, maybe a Jacintha, plus four LPs on the way: Yuja Wang, Santana, Atlanta Symphony/Shaw, and Deep Purple. There may be more.

Okay, fourteen unopened plus the three I just received makes seventeen (Yuja Wang's on backorder).

Catcher10 08-13-2020 01:45 AM

I have maybe a dozen unopened, just got 4 BlueNote TonePoet series records but no time to listen as I leave on business trip for a week.....have to wait.

I have maybe 6 I will not open as they are duplicates I bought for appreciation reasons, might sell them as they have 4x in value so far.

Normally soon as it hits my mailbox it is spinning within the hour.

Great topic!

audioguy3107 08-13-2020 01:29 PM

My unopened vinyl has......grown while waiting on the Brinkmann table. Just a few titles I have purchased in the last several weeks include:

Scored an Analogue Productions 45 RPM copy of John Coltrane's Blue Train
Rush Permanent Waves box set
Sonny Rollins' On Impulse! Analogue Productions 45 RPM
MFSL One Step Thelonious Monk Monk's Dream

biggest purchase is still on the way......talked a guy down a bit on Discogs for an out of print copy of MFSL 2 LP set of Bitches Brew. Can't wait for this one.

- Buck

Ventoux 08-16-2020 07:02 PM

Cleaned a stack of 16 or so yesterday via my Vinyl Pro ultrasonic. Packed away in mofi sleeves and ready to spin.

Down Under 08-25-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ventoux (Post 1011694)
Cleaned a stack of 16 or so yesterday via my Vinyl Pro ultrasonic. Packed away in mofi sleeves and ready to spin.

Did exactly the same last week,same number and into MOFI sleeves.I think the Pro is a better refined version of the original Audio Desk.
One thing I noted in the new instruction manual was to empty the cleaning fluid out after 3 weeks.
I don’t think that was mentioned in the original manual.

Parabellum 08-25-2020 10:49 PM

Only one, which I bought when I had a turntable. Got rid of the analog setup. Not my cup of tea. Though, I really do appreciate the beauty of the machine and like to see the vinyls spinning. Other than that, I am a digital guy.

FreddieFerric 09-26-2020 09:12 AM

Well, I went in on the new "Aqualung" preorder on Acoustic Sounds. $135.00 including shipping. This thing had better be really, really good.