AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Analog Pressings (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   How much new Vinyl do you have... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46646)

W9TR 09-13-2019 07:09 AM

Zero unopened. They arrive here and I listen to them as soon as I’m able. About 5% go back due to some flaw or another. I think only Acoustic Sounds has a perfect record so far. Ouch. Bad pun.

miner 09-14-2019 08:59 PM

I have 7 unopened - 6 MoFi One Step Ultradiscs and 1 UHQR from Analogue Reproductions. They may stay like that for a while.

streetspirit 09-14-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner (Post 979714)
I have 7 unopened - 6 MoFi One Step Ultradiscs and 1 UHQR from Analogue Reproductions. They may stay like that for a while.

Me too. I have every MoFi one step ultradiscs including the Santana Abraxas and the 1 UHQR from AP. I’ll eventually crack them open and play them especially the Santana Abraxas!!

Mitch

Mahalo 04-03-2020 02:48 AM

Funny you should ask because I just "thinned the heard" of unopened vinyl in my collection. Until recently, it was 30 or more. But cut it down to around 13 after cleaning the others. Have been listening to the opened and cleaned ones since.

Oops. Make that around 14 unopened now. I just got a new vinyl album in and added it to the unopened stack.

Formerly YB-2 04-03-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 979525)
Zero unopened. They arrive here and I listen to them as soon as I’m able.

Yes. Discovered one unopened this week, which was an error on my part. No longer unopened. Only 'collect' to listen to, not to collect.

miner 04-03-2020 04:38 PM

Also, my four MoFi 45rpm Dire Straits are still unopened. I have my 33rpm ones to listen to until I decide to move forward. I currently only have approx 720 LPs that I started to rebuy in 2008 after selling all my LPs in 1985 during the CD hype. Of the 720, 95% are new, the rest are used because they have not been reissued.

Imapo 04-04-2020 03:46 PM

I have seven unopened LPs. It will eleven when I get my delivery today.:banana: That will annoy my wonderful wife to no end.:nono: I don’t like to open them until I can clean and listen to them. I also have anxiety about paying good money for an LP, mostly MoFi and Analogue Productions, and have it be noisy or click.:sigh: I recently started buying new LPs because my old ones, from the 70s, are beat up. It's amazing how much the needle weighted down by the coins chewed through the grooves. :scratch2:

audioguy3107 04-04-2020 03:59 PM

I have one new LP on the way, haven't bought a whole lot of vinyl lately. I found a NM copy of The Black Crowes' Before the Frost from a seller on the Hoffman forums. It's a great album that didn't get many pressings, it's very rare. It wasn't cheap but looking forward to listening to it, should get it any day now.

- Buck

j3brow 04-04-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 1000782)
I have one new LP on the way, haven't bought a whole lot of vinyl lately. I found a NM copy of The Black Crowes' Before the Frost from a seller on the Hoffman forums. It's a great album that didn't get many pressings, it's very rare. It wasn't cheap but looking forward to listening to it, should get it any day now.

- Buck

I got an original. It’s really good. I love this album. Top shelf Crowes imo. I like the sequencing of the LP better than the cd.

FreddieFerric 04-05-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 979525)
Zero unopened. They arrive here and I listen to them as soon as I’m able. About 5% go back due to some flaw or another. I think only Acoustic Sounds has a perfect record so far. Ouch. Bad pun.

This! I open everything immediately to check for quality. I've had to return a few here and there due to warping. Amazon seems to have the overall worse record having returned several. I've had to return 1 to MusicDirect and 0 to Acoustic Sounds.