AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aerial Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Ariel 6T vs 7T (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39480)

richamor 05-24-2017 01:26 PM

Ariel 6T vs 7T

My local dealer has the 6T in stock and I am about to buy......but I see a nice set of 7Ts in the marketplace for less cash. They're already broken in but still fairly new.

I'm wondering if they're better different worse same as the 6T? I would think they would be better at the bass but wonder if that has doesn't override that lovely midrange.

Very interested in hearing opinions. I want to support the local guys and will buy a few things from them but if I can get better for less........

Thanks all!!

Masterlu 05-24-2017 01:30 PM

7T's all the way! :yes:

richamor 05-24-2017 01:46 PM

Im glad you responded to this! I figured the 7 would be recommended but wonder exactly why?
I read somewhere that you no longer carry the Ariels. Might I ask why?

paulphoosreal 05-24-2017 07:27 PM

I have the 7Ts and 6Ts. The 6Ts are a fantastic speaker and do much of what the 7T does. That being said. The 7Ts are more dynamic,go deeper in the bass and have a non descriptive aspect of being more true to the source. I.E. With the 7s I find myself toe tapping much more often than with the 6s. Of course the rooms they are in as well as equipment may be in play here but being a CEDIA installer has allowed me to play with these 2 particular speakers in a number of installations and therefore many rooms of different equipment. Reason I got both so as to demo and satisfy my needs for my ultimate speakers.

richamor 05-24-2017 09:54 PM

Thanks paul. Exactly the sort of answer I was looking for:tresbon:

paulphoosreal 05-24-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richamor (Post 848356)
Thanks paul. Exactly the sort of answer I was looking for:tresbon:

Feel free to PM anytime if you need or have anymore questions.

clpetersen 05-25-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 848296)
7T's all the way! :yes:

I agree with Ivan - for the same money, get the 7T's.

I have a post earlier in this thread regarding the two speakers - about 2 years ago I was fortunate enough to sit with Michael Kelly of Aerial and demo both, side by side.
I agree also with the comments in this thread - the 7T's go lower in bass and are slightly more dynamic with a nicer midrange. However, the 6T's offer slightly better imaging.

Basically, the 6T's are 2/3 of the volume and 2/3 of the price of the 7T's. In our space, the smaller profile was important. Not in any way disappointed with the choice.

GreginNH1 05-25-2017 08:57 PM

7T hands down!

richamor 05-26-2017 07:26 PM

I'm convinced. Would a tweaked PS Audio GCC100 be enough to drive them? I don't do HT these will be 2 channel music only. And generally not loud. I have a garage system for that:-)

Masterlu 05-26-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richamor (Post 848624)
I'm convinced. Would a tweaked PS Audio GCC100 be enough to drive them? I don't do HT these will be 2 channel music only. And generally not loud. I have a garage system for that:-)

Any amp will drive them, better amps = better sound. ;)