AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Harbeth Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42081)

Puma Cat 07-02-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 971250)
Perhaps Harbeth is not the most frequent flyer on the auction/preowned market for the reasons that they are not as common here nor do people part with them all too often but I’m sure you will find a pair Stephen. Good luck in your quest if you decide to pull the trigger. I’d say you will be very satisfied long term. :yes:

Thanks, Serge.

Yes, they are rarely posted for sale used; as you say, I think their owners simply do not sell them.

I'll very likely end up buying a pair new. I'm fine with that.

Route 66 07-02-2019 07:02 PM

I like having two sets of speakers at home so that I can swap each pair out from time to time, rather than buying a new pair of loudspeakers. Since I bought my Harbeths though, I haven't had the desire to switch them out of my system in favor of my Maggies.

GreginNH1 07-03-2019 07:22 AM

Serge - thanks for the exceptionally well written post about your Harbeths. I share your thoughts about this brand.

Early in my quest to build a system, I dismissed Harbeths all too soon and embarked on the audio Merry-go-round. It wasn't until I heard the 40.2 models in my audio room, that I fully understood why these speakers are loved by so many.

While I sometimes give thought to upgrading my system, the notion of replacing my Harbeths has never entered my mind.

PHC1 07-03-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreginNH1 (Post 971310)
Serge - thanks for the exceptionally well written post about your Harbeths. I share your thoughts about this brand.

Early in my quest to build a system, I dismissed Harbeths all too soon and embarked on the audio Merry-go-round. It wasn't until I heard the 40.2 models in my audio room, that I fully understood why these speakers are loved by so many.

While I sometimes give thought to upgrading my system, the notion of replacing my Harbeths has never entered my mind.

Thanks Greg. You’ve had some serious “speakerage” grace your room yourself and sounds like the flagship Harbeth 40.2 has lived up to your expectations. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Billion$Baby 07-05-2019 04:34 PM

There have 2 or 3 pairs of the 30.2 Anniversary's on Audiogon in the past week in case anybody is looking.

Wisawa 01-27-2020 12:57 AM

I'm considering 590AX II or 509X to pair with my Harbeth 30.2. Any comments would be appreciated.

kevtn8 04-24-2020 07:31 PM

looking forward to setting up my system

Are there anymore impressions or updates on this speaker Serge? Are you still enjoying them?

I just bought a new pair myself and I can't wait until I set them up. I'm currently waiting on my stands to arrive, maybe another week. I heard them at dealer a few times with Luxman stuff and it sounded amazing considering the size of the room. I will be using them in nearfield setup in small bedroom.

Masterlu 04-24-2020 08:59 PM

kevtn8... Welcome to AA! :wave:

kevtn8 04-24-2020 09:41 PM

The wait is killing me....

Thanks Ivan, I have been following this forum for a long time and had to get on board.

My system will consists of Qobuz ( via Roon) from Euphony server to Luxman DA-06 to Mcintosh C70 to MC75 monoblocks. Harbeth 30.2 40th augmented by single SVS SB2000 Pro. After the speakers arrived one week earlier then expected, waiting on those stands is getting tougher and tougher the more I go on these forums.

PHC1 01-23-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevtn8 (Post 1002939)
Are there anymore impressions or updates on this speaker Serge? Are you still enjoying them?

I just bought a new pair myself and I can't wait until I set them up. I'm currently waiting on my stands to arrive, maybe another week. I heard them at dealer a few times with Luxman stuff and it sounded amazing considering the size of the room. I will be using them in nearfield setup in small bedroom.

Kevtn8, I missed your post somehow.

Yes, very much enjoying them. I actually moved them to a much smaller room myself and am happy with the results. Harbeths are not surprisingly well behaved for the more intimate listening spaces and nearfield listening as is often the case in their home market I would imagine. Here they are in an 11x14 room and are quite happy. https://youtu.be/YnBJX3HjRQ4