AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Finally back to the Concerts? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49975)

joel_hifi 06-18-2021 06:16 PM

Finally back to the Concerts?

As we are moving into the post Covid re-opening, more concert dates are finally starting to show up :music:

I will hopefully be attending 3 jazz concerts that had been cancelled in 2020, postponed twice and now scheduled for Feb/Mar/Apr 2022:

- Avishai Cohen (Bass)
- Jan Garbarek & Trilok Gurtu
- Paolo Fresu & Omar Sosa

And I'd expect some 2021 new jazz concert dates to be released soon.

On the classical side, the agenda for the 2021/22 season just came out, we are pretty spoiled...

- Mariinsky Theatre / Valery Gergiev, Daniil Trifonov (Debussy, Rachmaninov, Berlioz)
- Maria João Pires (TBA)
- Europa Galante, Fabio Biondi (Geminiani, Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart)
- Denis Matsuev (Haydn, Schumann, Chopin, Schubert, Stravinsky)
- Alexandra Dovgan (Beethoven, Schumann, Chopin)
- Grigory Sokolov (TBA)
- Francesco Piemontesi (Bach, Debussy, Rachmaninov)
- András Schiff, Evgeny Kissin (Mozart, Schumann, Dvorak, Smetana)

I wonder if we should get season passes or hand pick some of the concerts... what would be your advice?

What's your concert schedule looking like?

So much looking forward :D

Antonmb 06-18-2021 08:40 PM

Coming up later this year we have:

Steep Canyon Rangers
Wailin’ Jennys
Beausoleil with Michael Doucet
John Hiatt with the Jerry Douglas Band

All of those are rescheduled shows from last year. So far we have no jazz or classical booked yet, our local jazz clubs have just announced their reopening with schedules being developed. Classical is a bit wanting in our area in the best of times.

Antonmb 06-18-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel_hifi (Post 1040063)

I wonder if we should get season passes or hand pick some of the concerts... what would be your advice?

You have some great shows coming up Joel. I don’t know what conditions are like in your area, but I’m not booking any season tickets to anything until I see how things go for another few months.

joel_hifi 06-19-2021 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1040070)
Coming up later this year we have:

Steep Canyon Rangers
Wailin’ Jennys
Beausoleil with Michael Doucet
John Hiatt with the Jerry Douglas Band

All of those are rescheduled shows from last year. So far we have no jazz or classical booked yet, our local jazz clubs have just announced their reopening with schedules being developed. Classical is a bit wanting in our area in the best of times.

Very nice bluegrass/folk/country/blues line up :thumbsup:

joel_hifi 06-19-2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1040072)
You have some great shows coming up Joel. I don’t know what conditions are like in your area, but I’m not booking any season tickets to anything until I see how things go for another few months.

It's a nice schedule indeed, luckily our local concert hall has decided to refund the shows that get cancelled... think I will take my chance and already book.

joel_hifi 06-20-2021 10:52 AM

I just realised that the is a dedicated thread 'What Live Music Are You Listening To Tonight' started some time back by ChrisAZ, apologies for having missed it!

Is there a way to close my thread and include it in the 'What Live Music Are You Listening To Tonight'? Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

bart 06-20-2021 11:49 AM

There is even a 'What classical concert have you attended?" thread...

joel_hifi 06-20-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1040177)
There is even a 'What classical concert have you attended?" thread...

Good to know, thanks Bart!

Antonmb 06-20-2021 01:37 PM

I think it’s ok as is Joel, the other thread is good for reporting the experience when you go, perhaps even with a picture or two!

radio times 06-21-2021 01:07 AM

I do wonder about my old colleagues, no mixin' desk for nearly two years, hope they found other work.