AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Esoteric N-01XD (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48673)

thyname 09-19-2020 05:54 PM

Esoteric N-01XD
 
Anyone here has this? Thanks

GuillaumeB 09-26-2020 05:29 AM

Yes I’ve had one in my system for a few months now... fabulous streaming DAC!

Couldn’t be happier, sound quality is up there with the best and the convenience of having the streamer/renderer in the same box seems to come with very few penalties. Not Roon Ready yet but this is imminent I understand. Supports just about every format you can throw at it: MQA, DXD, 8 x DSD, and lots of upsampling/filter options.

Looking forward to extracting even more performance when I get round to upgrading my master clock and inserting that new Sigma v2 Clock 50 cables into my system!

Cheers,

Guillaume

thyname 09-26-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuillaumeB (Post 1015493)
Yes Iíve had one in my system for a few months now... fabulous streaming DAC!

Couldnít be happier, sound quality is up there with the best and the convenience of having the streamer/renderer in the same box seems to come with very few penalties. Not Roon Ready yet but this is imminent I understand. Supports just about every format you can throw at it: MQA, DXD, 8 x DSD, and lots of upsampling/filter options.

Looking forward to extracting even more performance when I get round to upgrading my master clock and inserting that new Sigma v2 Clock 50 cables into my system!

Cheers,

Guillaume

Thanks for chiming in! How does it compare with other DACs you have, or have had?

As for Roon Ready, the website advertises it as such, but it is not? Also, on Roon partners website, they list N-01 as Roon Ready, but you are saying N-01XD is not? https://roonlabs.com/partner-esoteric

SCAudiophile 09-26-2020 08:46 AM

Get ready for a great uplift when you take your Sigma Clock50 V1s to V2.

Same for the AES/EBU V2s...

I did not think Sigma V1 digitals could be bested....here to tell you after a few days with the AES and the CLOCK50 V2s I have moved to that there are more amazing things to hear thanks to these V2 digital cables!

Enjoy!

Levitator 09-26-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1015496)
Thanks for chiming in! How does it compare with other DACs you have, or have had?



As for Roon Ready, the website advertises it as such, but it is not? Also, on Roon partners website, they list N-01 as Roon Ready, but you are saying N-01XD is not? https://roonlabs.com/partner-esoteric



I have had the N-03T for well over 12 months and it was supposedly close to being Roon certified when I bought it, yet it is still not Roon certified. Somewhat frustrating given it should not take that long to certify so hopefully your experience isnít the same with what looks like a fantastic new product...

GuillaumeB 09-30-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1015496)
Thanks for chiming in! How does it compare with other DACs you have, or have had?

As for Roon Ready, the website advertises it as such, but it is not? Also, on Roon partners website, they list N-01 as Roon Ready, but you are saying N-01XD is not? https://roonlabs.com/partner-esoteric

N-01XD is a completely new streaming DAC and as such is currently undergoing Roon certification. I have been assured by the European distributor that this is coming very soon! Once I have more news on this front I will be sure to report back.

Re other DACs I am also the proud owner of the TotalDac D1-seven and matching D1-server. This is a 5 box solution (incl. 3 PSUs). In my mind I have massively simplified my setup and am getting even better sound!

Inserting the new Shunyata Sigma v2 clock cables has been nothing short of a revelation. I am now planning my next move in terms of upgrading master clocks (currently using the Cybershaft OP14).

The N-01 XD is a monster of a performer and I couldn't be happier.

Guillaume

GuillaumeB 09-30-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitator (Post 1015603)
I have had the N-03T for well over 12 months and it was supposedly close to being Roon certified when I bought it, yet it is still not Roon certified. Somewhat frustrating given it should not take that long to certify so hopefully your experience isnít the same with what looks like a fantastic new product...

I've been promised that it's not far away now.

Question is... how will Roon compare to Esoteric Sound Stream in terms of SQ?!

Guillaume

chadisrc 10-01-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuillaumeB (Post 1015493)
Yes Iíve had one in my system for a few months now... fabulous streaming DAC!

Couldnít be happier, sound quality is up there with the best and the convenience of having the streamer/renderer in the same box seems to come with very few penalties. Not Roon Ready yet but this is imminent I understand. Supports just about every format you can throw at it: MQA, DXD, 8 x DSD, and lots of upsampling/filter options.

Looking forward to extracting even more performance when I get round to upgrading my master clock and inserting that new Sigma v2 Clock 50 cables into my system!

Cheers,

Guillaume

I have been curious out this network player, it really does seem to be a complete unit. When you look at a the cost of a streamer/dac/cables, this is just awesome. Nice to see some real world feedback.

The addition of the FPGA DAC is a big deal since it is upgradeable now, and will give the equipment more longevity. This was a good move by Esoteric. Please keep us posted, would like to hear more about it.

thyname 10-01-2020 08:50 PM

My brand spanking new N-01XD should arrive in a couple of weeks. I am excited

chadisrc 10-02-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thyname (Post 1016182)
My brand spanking new N-01XD should arrive in a couple of weeks. I am excited

:banana:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.