AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Martin Logan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   New ELS 13a's On the Way! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39521)

Timobi 06-01-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timm (Post 849483)
Would be curious on your 3.7 impressions. I like them a lot and the 20.7 more. What did you like better about the 11a vs 3.7? Even though not a real fair comparison. I find Maggie's to do soundstage very well and wonder if you found the same.

Hey Timm,

I really loved the 3.7's. I kind of grew up on Maggies. My dad had a couple of pairs over the years as did my older brother.

But the Maggies truly need a lot a room. I just don't have that room size. The ML's require the right room as well but to a lesser degree.

For my ears and where I've been and where I am now in my Audio Life :) I just preferred the smoother and warmer sound of the ML's.

No doubt tho the 3.7s are world class and a very resolving speaker.

I liked the 11a but the 13a kind of blew me away. Those are what I ended up buying. Truly can't wait for these to arrive.

timm 06-03-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timobi (Post 849682)
Hey Timm,

I really loved the 3.7's. I kind of grew up on Maggies. My dad had a couple of pairs over the years as did my older brother.

But the Maggies truly need a lot a room. I just don't have that room size. The ML's require the right room as well but to a lesser degree.

For my ears and where I've been and where I am now in my Audio Life :) I just preferred the smoother and warmer sound of the ML's.

No doubt tho the 3.7s are world class and a very resolving speaker.

I liked the 11a but the 13a kind of blew me away. Those are what I ended up buying. Truly can't wait for these to arrive.

I am truly excited for you. Please make sure to follow up with all of the great descriptors!!:)

Audioseduction 06-04-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 849347)
Triton's have powered bass, right? I think powered bass speakers are usually a bit over the top...too much bass. Vandersteen model 7 might be the exception. Remember, more bass isn't necessarily better bass :no:

Congrats on your ML's :thumbsup:

The bass is adjustable. So none issue. Congrats on your stats! :thumbsup:

SL1800 06-22-2017 07:58 PM

Congrats!!!

Timobi 06-25-2017 01:21 PM

Thx Guys. Weather issues delayed the ML's being delivered yesterday. BUT hopefully Monday they will be here! I am moving in about 3 weeks. The new house is a much better fit for audio LOL. Yes I got this new place primarily to better serve my new ML's and the Home Theater. :)

Had planned to keep in the boxes till I move. But heck with that! Just moving about 3 miles away. I plan on breaking them in and jamming while I slowly begin the packing process.

Timobi 06-29-2017 12:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
They are here! But I am going to wait to move. It's just a couple of weeks away. These are just too big to have to try and box back up. ;)

But stay tuned for Timobi's review and awesome pics. :)

Mikado463 06-29-2017 01:00 PM

Good idea Tim, patience is a virtue. Having spent many hours listening to them I suspect you will be one happy camper !

timm 06-29-2017 03:26 PM

oh yah.... what a nightmare though!!! Maybe you could put the boxes in the listening position and kind of pretend??? That has got to be killing you.... But, Dave is right.... Patience Yago Patience... Name that Disney film... haha.

Timobi 06-30-2017 01:05 AM

Yes its hard seeing them practically shoved in the Liv room! But the house i'm getting will need some acoustic treatment; is a nice big audio room. Can't wait. I had every intention of opening them up and getting them all broken in. But the rare smart voice that said Tim, WAIT! :)

Thx guys and I appreciate you both being excited for me and with me as well :thumbsup:

timm 07-01-2017 07:45 AM

Haha!! These are exciting times!! So here is the big question and always something I bother over. What is the first song I play on a new piece of gear? It is sort of like the 'right of passage' for me or something. Maybe I'll open a thread on that :). But you have time to think about it at least.