AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Streaming & Television Shows (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Peter Jackson's The Beatles' "Get Back" begins tomorrow. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50570)

audioguy3107 11-24-2021 08:58 AM

Peter Jackson's The Beatles' "Get Back" begins tomorrow.

Peter Jackson's 3 part Beatles documentary Get Back begins tomorrow streaming on Disney +. Looking forward to this, the footage looks really cool. They're going to release one episode each day on the 25, 26 and 27th. Anyone else gonna watch????

- Buck

JoeN 11-24-2021 10:02 AM

Thanks for the heads-up!

Audiophilehi 11-24-2021 10:57 AM

Thanks Buck....I will absolutely be watching.

audioguy3107 11-24-2021 09:51 PM

Official trailer in case you haven't seen it:

https://youtu.be/Auta2lagtw4

NZ421291 11-24-2021 11:43 PM

Looking forward to this. Thankfully Sir Peter is doing this- it should be great!

John49 11-25-2021 04:53 AM

Will be watching

audioguy3107 11-26-2021 11:00 AM

Did anyone get a chance to see episode 1 last night??? Really cool footage, nice job by Peter Jackson. It really was fascinating to see the band and the dynamics involved trying to come up with new material and work through old. You also can really feel the tension and the creative differences begin to bubble to the surface. I'm not gonna rehash the whole Lennon/Yoko Ono thing, but to me she just come off as creepy.

- Buck

JoeN 11-26-2021 11:13 AM

It was very good. I think the entire series will be great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 1049590)
Did anyone get a chance to see episode 1 last night??? Really cool footage, nice job by Peter Jackson. It really was fascinating to see the band and the dynamics involved trying to come up with new material and work through old. You also can really feel the tension and the creative differences begin to bubble to the surface. I'm not gonna rehash the whole Lennon/Yoko Ono thing, but to me she just come off as creepy.

- Buck

Formerly YB-2 11-26-2021 11:25 AM

I watched a 30min prequel that was excellent. Due to holiday travel will have to catch this on the 2nd time around.

jpgr4blu 11-26-2021 12:45 PM

Wow. How could anyone say Yoko did not play a part in the break up although I'm not sure how much? It's one thing to read that she was constantly beside John in these sessions---it's another thing to experience it. Then in comes Linda and Maureen...but no one as "in your face" as Yoko.

Tom R. 11-27-2021 02:39 AM

I think the absolute highlight of the first installment is the first few minutes of "Day 4" when Paul suddenly begins to compose Get Back. If you gave up on the film for any reason, go back and watch that part. What a rare treat to watch a great songwriter giving birth to one of his best songs--with the added bonus of seeing Ringo and George, who are still half asleep, come alive when they realize what is happening.

thughes 11-28-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

I think the absolute highlight of the first installment is the first few minutes of "Day 4" when Paul suddenly begins to compose Get Back. If you gave up on the film for any reason, go back and watch that part. What a rare treat to watch a great songwriter giving birth to one of his best songs--with the added bonus of seeing Ringo and George, who are still half asleep, come alive when they realize what is happening.
I agree. I would single out that section to show what this documentary accomplishes. It's amazing that the Beatles had the foresight to film all these creative sessions.

thughes 11-28-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

but no one as "in your face" as Yoko.
Even though she is there, she is almost always silent. The others talk about John/Yoko, but the take away is that it's John's life and none of the business of the others.

Another major take away I have is how terrible a loss it was when John Lennon was killed so early in his life.

audioguy3107 12-26-2021 11:45 AM

We FINALLY finished up the third and final episode on Christmas eve.......what a great documentary. I know it could get a bit tedious if you're not a big Beatles fan, but seeing those guys in the final days of the band is a piece of music history that may never be accomplished again. Of course the last 45 minutes documents the live performance on the rooftop. What an incredible job of editing and piecing together footage by Peter Jackson.

Getting the general public's opinion on street level while they're playing up above is priceless, I've watched it twice already. Then the cops show up for the "disturbing the peace" complaints....I mean, just incredible. It's amazing to think how I bet NONE of those people could probably ever imagine that we would be watching their footage over 50! years later on Thanksgiving/Christmas evening. One of my favorite parts was an elderly lady complaining that she was woken up from her nap by the loud music....what a moment in time.......now you would pay thousands and thousands of dollars to see them performing live. Anyway, if you haven't seen it or may not be interested in the whole documentary, at least watch the last hour and a half of the third episode, it made my day.

- Buck

crwilli 05-30-2022 07:58 PM

Buck, Missed this post!

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. It takes a commitment (3 x 3hr) movies but to my wife and I, it was well worth it.

Loved it all.