AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Analog Pressings (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Anyone? Marvin Gaye What's Going On Super Vinyl (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43961)

streetspirit 03-12-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner (Post 998174)
None of these are showing up on the MoFi site.

I order through music direct. They seem to be in cahoots with MoFi and usually offer preorders if you call them. They are not currently taking orders for ELO and Paul Simon but BS&T I was able to get on the list maybe some months ago? Just have to keep checking. If they let me I’ll let you know and vice versa ok!

Mitch

cleeds 03-13-2020 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetspirit (Post 998261)
I order through music direct. They seem to be in cahoots with MoFi ...

MoFi is owned by Music Direct.

shindo 03-13-2020 01:35 PM

Anyone? Marvin Gaye What's Going On Super Vinyl

Well I spun the Fragile album the other day . I was expecting to be blown away, I was . Not for the sound but for the noise on the record , It had so many pops and clicks . I was pissed that I payed a premium for this crap. I emailed Mofi for a refund, well they don’t, only from the seller. I bought the record in PA I’m in Wi so much for that . Mofi did explain that the record could have what they call “horns” that may be left behind from the pressing. They do not remove these horns after pressing felling it could compromise the high frequency of the pressing stating, a couple of plays should clear things up . I was very skeptical but I did play it again . To my surprise much of the noise was gone maybe Mofi was onto something . Well before I left home I played it again OMG [emoji44] the sound was fantastic , beautiful highs and tight lows a very pleasingly dynamic sound and dead quiet . Now I’m happy .
I did clean the records before the initial play . My playback consist of a Mcintosh MT5 with a Hana ML cartridge with WW silver eclipse 8 feeding the Mc input on a MA9000 set at 200 ohms.
I wonder how the regular MoFi 45 will sound compared to this .
I’m happy with my purchase.

streetspirit 02-25-2021 10:40 PM

New one step LPs are announced. Blood, Sweat & Tears, as well as Janis Joplin Pearl and Carole King Tapestry. There are others that are in the realm of possible release but not for certain. Anyone picking these titles up??

Mitch

doggiehowser 02-27-2021 04:21 AM

I couldn’t tell if Carole King was a one step.

streetspirit 02-27-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiehowser (Post 1033622)
I couldn’t tell if Carole King was a one step.

Yes it’s official on the MoFi website/music direct website:

Carole King - Tapestry
180g 45RPM 2LP Box Set

$125.00
Sku: MFSL45UD1S-030

I have one on preorder.

Mitch

j3brow 02-27-2021 11:49 PM

Anyone? Marvin Gaye What's Going On Super Vinyl

here are additional UD1S 45rpm titles that are forthcoming (supposedly), I use that term loosely, using recent history as a guide we should see these titles sometime in next 3 years, I have a screen shot of a MD order of these albums posted on Fb last summer but can’t find it at the moment, don’t know if it was a deep fake but the BS&T did come to fruition.

BS&T S/T
Eric Clapton Unplugged
Muddy Waters Folk Singer
Cannonball Something Else
Elvis From Elvis In Memphis
Paul Simon Still Crazy
Paul Simon There Goes

So far, only the BS&T have been listed for preorder. I hope the Clapton and Simon titles become a reality. The Clapton is an all time favorite album of mine, even if it’s another digital recording (DDD) picked for a $125 LP, I’m sure it will sound fantastic just like the all digital Donald Fagan one step.

streetspirit 02-28-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 1033705)
here are additional UD1S 45rpm titles that are forthcoming (supposedly), I use that term loosely, using recent history as a guide we should see these titles sometime in next 3 years, I have a screen shot of a MD order of these albums posted on Fb last summer but can’t find it at the moment, don’t know if it was a deep fake but the BS&T did come to fruition.

BS&T S/T
Eric Clapton Unplugged
Muddy Waters Folk Singer
Cannonball Something Else
Elvis From Elvis In Memphis
Paul Simon Still Crazy
Paul Simon There Goes

So far, only the BS&T have been listed for preorder. I hope the Clapton and Simon titles become a reality. The Clapton is an all time favorite album of mine, even if it’s another digital recording (DDD) picked for a $125 LP, I’m sure it will sound fantastic just like the all digital Donald Fagan one step.

This list is what I have on preorder as well. Some titles never make it to reality such as ELO Eldorado which I actually had on preorder but MoFi cancelled eventually, who knows maybe it will eventually come out.

Mitch

CRJCapt 09-19-2021 12:11 AM

I heard somewhere they recorded the Clapton in analog at the same time.

Would be awesome. I know he dislikes digital.